Chapter 27 | Promises

~Alice's P.O.V.~

"Alice what is it?", he said once again unpaciently.

"I-I", was all I could say. He seem'd to get frustrated. I was mad at myself as well. I couldnt spit out the words.

"Alice just fucking say it", he repeated. I knew he was mad now. Why can't I just say it? What's wrong with me? Why don't I trust him.

"I'm still scared of you", I spit out. I look down with shame. I was scared that he was going to be mad at me. Scared that he might hurt me. He let's out a sigh. I knew he was tired of repeating himself. I was tired of being scared

"Alice I promised you how many tines do I have to tell you?", he said calming himself down.

"Im just..Im just scared that one day-", He cuts me off

"Alice", he said lifting my chin

"I promised, just trust me", he said. I looked up to meet his eyes, and he gave me the same look he gave me in the hospital. Then gave me a faint smile.

"I do", I replied, and held on to his warm hands.

"Then you have nothing to worry about Alice", he said in a voice that sent chills up and down my spine.

I look down and stare at my feet. Not wanting to stare at his eyes.

I am worried. Im scared. He broke my trust, and I don't think I can simply trust him again. Yes, I do love him. I love how he always makes me smile. I love how he always makes me feel loved. I love how he called me princess. I smiled a little. Remebering the name, but the smile was removed by the feeling of fear. I was scared that one day he might just break, and...Take it all on me

He noticed that I was deep in my thoughts. Which I was.

"I'll take you home", he finally agreed. I lift my head and nod in agreement, and he pecked my lips, hoping to cheer me up, and get me out of my nervous state. It didn't work. I was still worried. I was worried about him. Worried about my mom. And most of all.

Worried about me.

-

He drops me off in front of my house, and I saw my moms car still in the driveway. I looked down at my hands that were in my lap, and let out a sigh. I didn't know what I was going to tell her. I don't even know what to tell her. I don't know how she will react. All these thoughts were flooding my mind, but I saw Jake's hand reach mine. I looked up to meet his gaze, and he noticed that I was nervous.

"Alice, everything will be okay", he said. It calmed me down just a little, but I was still nervous.

"I hope", I mumble under my breath

"It will", he answered back. He leaned close to me, and pecked my cheek. He lifted my chin that so I focused on his brown eyes.

"I promise princess", he smiled, and I smiled back, because he used my nickname.

"Okay", I answer back. I open the car door, and let myself out.

"Bye", I say turning around to face Jake

"I'll see ya later, princess", he smiled, and drove off.

My faint smile was soon off my face. I felt so alone now. I felt uneasy of the situation I was in. Its as if i'm facing this alone. I turn to face the front door, and started walking towards it. Tension began to build up inside me. I don't know how my mom was going to react. My mom never liked the boys I dated. Ever. Not that I dated a lot, but she's extremely judgemental. How am I going to tell her that I like the bad boy. The guy who goes to the biggest parties, and gets drunk. The daredevil who never turns down offers. The player who has broken a lot of hearts...but stole mine.