Chapter 8 | Warmth

~Alice's P.O.V.~

Isn't this what I wanted? Didn't I want Jake to leave anyways?

Why did he even give up when he knew he had me?

Alice whats wrong with you? You wanted this.

I looked down at my phone. It had a text message.

If you really want me back, prove it princess ;) - Jake

I'm not sure of my feelings.

No, I'm tired of fighting my feelings.

I do like Jake. I liked how he messed around with me during class. I liked how he called me princess. I liked how he teased me. I don't care what Bella said about him. He only showed his dangerous side once and he apologized for it.

I slide down the wall, and sat down. Many thoughts rushing through my mind, thinking about Jake.

"Alice what are you doing?", I heard Bella say. I look up, and she was heading my direction.

"I'- I'm sorry", I apologize while standing up

"C'mon I'm tired", she said tugging on my hand. She looked at my confused facial expression.

"Are you okay?", she asked concerned for me

I don't if I should tell her about what happen about Jake and I. I don't even know what to tell her. That Jake broke up with me? He left me. So I guess so. Bella knew I was dating him and she hated that. Would she be glad that he left me? She doesn't know that I like him though.

"Jake um, just gave up trying", I say while looking down at the floor

"You finally got him off your back! Oh thank god ", She said, but noticed that I wasn't as excited as her

"Alice, you don't like him...right?", she asked

"I don't", I reply, straight up lying to her face 

"Oh okay then", she replied.

I follow her to her car, and get in.

"I feel like your lying to me", she states while turning the engine on.

"I-I'm not Bella", I reply trying not to give in.

"Are you sure?", she asked while turning over to me 

"Yes", I reply lying to her, once again

I didn't want to tell her. Yes, Bella is my best friend, but I just don't know what words to use. And I don't know how Bella would react that I liked the badboy. 

"Okay, Alice", she said looking back at the road

We soon arrived at my house.

I let myself out of the car.

"Bye Alice", she said while giving me a smile

"Bye", I say while I see her car drive away    

I walk up my door and unlock it. I go upstairs, and go to my room. I throw my backpack to the side and jump on the bed. God I don't know what to do.

How exactly am I going to prove that I like him? I don't know how? I don't know how to flirt. How do girl even flirt? I haven't had a boyfriend in 2 or 3 years. And my last boyfriend cheated on me. Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up. Maybe Bella is right. God I regret everything. Why do I all of a sudden like him?

I heard my phone buzz. I immediately go look on my phone

Hey there princess- Jake

I get my phone and reply