Chapter 43 | City of love

~Alice's P.O.V.~

I made way down stairs, not knowing how much time I spent changing. I assume it was't much time, considering the fact that my hair was already done. I walk down the stairs and still see Li sitting on the couch.  I look over towards the clock to check what time it was 7:57 pm I didn't take that much time. I pace down the stairs and flop myself on to the sofa.

"When is Austin getting here?" I asked as I turned to him, but it looked like I startled him.

"That was quick," he chuckles but as soon as he turns over to me he looks stunned. I glance down at my outfit to see if it looked to slutty or to skimpy

"S-Should I change," I say with shyness as I get up. He then, what I think, comes back to reality and looks for the right words to say.

"No, You look really good," he nervously says and a smile makes its way on to my face.

"Thanks," I state still smiling. I think of something to avoid what just happened.

"When is Austin going to be here?" I ask once more.

"Well, we both kinda expected you to take a while," he said as he brushed his hand through his hair and I just giggled.

"Well I didn't," I state as I leaned back into the sofa staring up at the show that was showing on the TV.

"But he doesn't live so far so he might be here any minute," he said as he glanced over back at me. I then realize that Li comes to the bus stop I come to. That means he doesn't live so far from me.

"Do you live in this neighborhood?" I asked kinda hoping that he would say yes. 

"Just one block away," he states, still having his eyes on the TV in front of us.

"That's cool! That means we can come over each other's houses," I say with excitement, he simply chuckles at my reaction. I hear a quick honk outside the house that cause Li and I to get up.

"Guess he's here," I say as we both walk over to the door. He opens the door and bows down playfully with a grin on his face.

"Ladies first," he smiles, causing me to giggle

"Well thank you," I smile
_

"So how long have ya'll known each other?" I ask as I glance over at Austin

"I've been stuck with this dimwit ever since we were in elementary school," he says and I look over at Li to see his expression and he just has a smile on his face.

"That is a really long time," I smile. The only friend I've know for a long time is Bella. We met in middle school and ever since that day, we became friends. Thank god I met her that day, or else I really don't know how my life would be like right now.

"How did you find out about this party?" I ask. I've had this question inside of me for a long time.

"I have friends here and they know I make parties interesting," he said with a grin on his face

"Yeah, by getting someone pregnant," Li states loudly

"Shut the hell up. That hasn't happened." He replies.

"Not yet," Li says with a grin on his face as well

"And when you do I'm going to laugh my ass off," Li smiles. I giggle at their conversation, wondering how they haven't killed each other when they first met.

"Enough about me getting bitches pregnant. How did you love birds meet?" I immediately felt heat rush up to my cheeks. Why would Austin say that? He's probably just playing around. So I looked up and smiled.

"On a bus," I replied. I quickly glanced over at Li and he seem'd to be embarrassed as much as I was at the though of us being together.

"Good thing it didn't sink," He said with a grin. I caught the reference he was trying to make.

"Real funny," I state as I glance over at the window

"I know I am," I hear him say

Li has been quiet ever since Austin has brought that topic up, so I tried to think about something to spark the conversation.

"Do you move around a lot?" I ask, only intending it to be for Li only. He looks over at me and faint smile appears on his face.

"No, not really. My parent got a new job and they transferred them here." he informs and I simply  nodded

"Have you lived here all your life?" He asked

"Pretty much," I sigh, accepting that my life isn't interesting at all

"I always wanted to travel the world," he states. It brought a thought to my mind and it made me think to place i've always wanted to go. It sounds a bit cliche, but I just would really want to go there.

"I've always wanted to go to Paris," I smile

"The city of love?" He asked and I just nodded.

"You could call it that too," I smile and he smiles back

_

We soon arrived at the house where the party was. I already heard the music blasting through the walls. I glance over at Li with a smile on my face and he smiles back. I was so excited, I didn't know why. I just wanted to forget everything and just have fun. 

"C'mon, party isn't coming to you," Austin stated, meaning that we should get out of the car

I stepped out of the car with excitement rising inside of me. It was already dark and the air slowly started to become chilly. I wasn't exactly sure what time it was, but It was late enough for the party to get a little crazy. I saw a group of guys smoking right outside the entrance and a couple making out, just around the corner. I let out a sigh and just try to forget memories. 

"Do you drink Alice?" I hear someone say next to me, I glance over at it was Li who asked that.

"The only good thing about Li is that he is a heavy drinker," Austin states as we walk over at the house. I was astonished. I didn't really expect Li to be one. He doesn't look like one.

"Wow I kinda didn't expect you to be one," I say as I look back over at Li

"Well, I tend to drink away my problems," He states and I just nodded 

"That sounds nice," I say as I look down at the ground, assuming Li already knows what I was referring to.

"Aw, c'mon. Don't tell me I'm hanging out with a bunch of sobers. Let loose  just for tonight, goody two shoes." I look up, assuming Austin was referring to me and he had a smile on his face and I just nodded with a weak smile on my face. He opens the door for both Li and I, and I see the crowd of people dancing with Joy. Forgetting everything and just having a good time. I felt a slight tug on my hand and I look over only to see Li.

"C'mon let's get a little pumped up," He says as he nods over at the bar, and I just followed him. With a smile on my face.