Chapter 11 | Chances

~Alice's P.O.V.~

I stayed there for a couple of minutes. The whole 5 weeks are starting over again, but ten times worse. Is this the real bad boy that everyone talks about? I calm myself down and try to get up. My whole body was shaking and weak. I walk to the door and open it quietly hoping that my mom would be asleep. I quietly went up the stairs and walk in to my room. I look at my phone and I got two messages

I suggest you lock your door and window princess- Jake

I look over at my window and close it shut. I walk over to my door and lock it. I didn't want to see Jake ever again. My feelings for him were completely gone. I now know what Bella was talking about. She warned me, but I was stupid enough to ignore her. I can't escape now.

I look at the other text message. It was from an unknown number

Hey Alice! Want to hang out tomorrow?

I knew who it was and I smiled at the text, but realized what I had to do in order for Jake not to hurt him. I remember what he said though. What does he mean they don't like each other? I don't know. I put my phone down and lay down on my bed. I try not to think of what happened tonight. I couldn't even believe it. I never thought that Jake would ever do that. But I was wrong. So wrong.

-

I woke up to the sound of the alarm. I open my eyelids and see the glaring red numbers. I sat up and rub my eyes.

"Hi there", I hear someone say

I immediately open my eyes and shrieked. I saw Jake leaning next to the window with a smile.

"W-what do you want", I ask but I asked the wrong question

"How did you get in here?", I immediately ask

He then walked closer to me

"Lets say you need to lock your windows better", he said with a grin

I just stared at him with a shocked expression.

"Your not going to school today", he states while looking away

"You can't control me", I reply and he just looks over at me

"Do we need to have this conversation again", he replies

"Why are you like this?", I reply

I started to miss the cocky Jake. I miss the Jake that would mess around with me.

"What?", he replied with a confused looked

"I want the old Jake back", I reply while looking up to him all he does is grin. He walked over to me and sat next to me, but I scooted away.

"Well, I had to fake it to make it", he replied with a grin. I didn't want to believe that. I got out of bed and head to the dresser.

"Just when I started to fall for you, its when I find out it was to good to be true", I mumble but I didn't realize that he heard me. He walked over to me and turned me around to face him. I try to push him away but he held me close to him.

"So you really did like me?", he said with a smile

"The other Jake", I replied back he began to look into my eyes. I noticed that they were still the same color they were last night. Dark.

"Well, you just have to adjust with this one, the real one", he replies getting closer to my face

"No", I reply and try to get away, but he pulled on my wrist but once he touched them I immediately scream in pain. He immediately lets go. I look down at my wrist and they were bruised terribly.

"Alice", was all he could say

I lean my back against the wall. It hurts so much. I try not to cry from how much it hurts. It was if my hands were being cut off. Jake walked up to me and gently held up my arms. I looked up and his face was full of guilt. His eyes were no longer dark. Surprisingly.

"Alice I'm so sorry", he said trying to comfort me, I pull my arms out of his.

"Please Jake, leave", I beg

"I'm not leaving you again", he replies immediately. I didn't want to argue.

"Fine, can you go downstairs", I ask while I look up to him

He nodded and headed out of the room. I look down at my wrist once again. I head to the shower and try to relax there. After I was done I exit out of the shower. I put on some skinny jeans and put my hair in a messy bun. I threw on a purple t-shirt. I look down at my wrist and the bruises were noticeable. I look for a hoodie and put in on to cover them up.

I exit out of the bathroom and head downstairs. I look for Jake and he was sitting on the couch. He noticed that I came in the room. He immediately stands up and starts to walk over to me. His face was still filled with guilt.

"Alice, I'm so sorry", he says once again

I didn't respond.

He lifts up my arms once again. But I pull them away ashamed.

"I'm sorry, I took out my anger on you", he said while looking up to me and locking his eyes on mine.

I look down at the floor. I'm not going to apologize to him that easily.

"It's like I didn't know you", I reply remembering last night

He then lifts my chin up that so I looked at him.

"Alice, I was mad at the time, I didn't know what I was doing", he replies

Why is he playing with my feelings? I have to keep fighting them.

"Alice, i'm sorry for everything I've done", he replies while stroking my cheek

Don't give in. He's just going to hurt you again.

"I really want you to stop fighting your feelings for me", he said while wrapping his arm around my waist making me melt.

Jesus, Alice stop.

"Jake, I jus-", he then cuts me off

"Give me another chance", he asked

"I gave you two chances Jake", I replied trying to get out of his arms

"And this is the third and last one", he said while leaning closer to my face