Chapter 17 | Sleepiness

~Alice's P.O.V.~

I look to my sides to see if by any chance Connor could be here. Sadly, he wasn't.

I might as well just get a head start. It started to get really dark, and cold. Alice stop it. Stop overthinking. I just tried to focus on getting there. Don't focus on anything else Alice. Just focus on getting home.

-

I got home, and my mom wasn't here like always. I shut the door behind me, and go upstairs to my room, I shut the door behind once again and look around. No one was in my room. I will admit.

I kind of was expecting someone to be here...

What's wrong with me? Why can't I just get over him? I head over to the bathroom, and close the door behind me. I twist the knob to turn on the water. While it was warming up I take my clothes off, and do my normal routine. Hopefully this will get my mind off of him. After I was done I step out of the shower, and wrap myself with my towel. I get in some sweat pants, and put on a t-shirt. Feeling comfortable.

I exit out of the bathroom, and looked around my room, after I did I let out a sigh.

I walk over my bed, and lay down. I turn off the lights, and try to go to sleep. Noticed I said tried.

I look over at my clock, it was 10:28 pm

He's always on my mind. I can't get him out of it, and I hate it. I sit up and cover my face with my hands. He's probably out there with some other girl. I wrap my arms around my knees. I hate that he makes me feel so lonely. I hate that I like him so much. I hate it. I need to do something to get him off my mind.

I get up to get a glass a water, I head out of my room and go down stairs. I open the cabinets to get a cup. Maybe some NiQuil will get me to sleep. I look through the cabinets, and find the bottle. I drank the medicine, and immediately cringe from the taste. It tasted nasty.

I grab the cup once again, and pour some water in it and take a sip. I put the cup down and head upstairs. I enter my room, and head over to my bed, and lay down. I rest my head on my pillow. I slowly begin to feel the affect of the medicine. It was if my eyelids had weights on them. I then immediately fall asleep.

-

As always I hear the annoying sound of the alarm. I groan at the stupid thing. I was extremely tired.

"C'mon get up", I hear someone say. I immidiately sat up. I rub my eyes and open them. I scan the room, but nobody was there.

Am I going crazy? I turn the alarm off, and get up. I head over to the closet, but nobody was there. I check the bathroom, but nobody was there either. I shut the door behind me and took a shower. After I was done, I put on my make up, and put my hair in a french braid. I change into some jeans, and a blouse. I look down at my wrist, but the bruises....were obvious. I put on a thin jacket on to cover them up.

I exit the bathroom, and get my backpack. I make my way down stairs, and chose not to eat anything, My stomach was in a knot. I look up at the clock. 6:47. I still had plenty of time. I plopped down on the sofa and my eyes were slowly shutting close I let out a big yawn, I wanted to take a nap. My head also started to hurt really bad. It's probably nothing.

"Tired?", I heard someone say I turn around, but nobody was their. Am I going crazy?

Was the medicine expired? I get up and head over to the cabinet and get the bottle. I look at the expiration date.

"O-one year ago", I whisper

My stomach began to feel queasy. I felt like throwing up right there right now. I dropped the bottle, and I lean against the counter. Try not to think about it Alice. Your brain is just messing with you. I say trying to convince myself. My head began to hurt more and more. I tried to gain my balance, and stand up.

"Ma-maybe a cup of-", I slurred, I tried to reach for cup, but everything began to get extremely blurry. My hands began to get extremly clammy. What was in that medicine? I fell down with the cup in my hand. Once it touched the ground it shattered all over the place. Once my head hit the floor

Everything turned black

~Bella's P.O.V.~

I walked in the classroom, and I didn't see Alice here. I'm thinking she's with that bastard. I can't believe she would choose him over me. She just met him! She has a choice to leave him.

I tried to calm myself down while walking over to where I used to sit. Next to Alice. Jesus Christ, I admit it. I miss her so much. She always tells me everything, especially when she needs help or comfort. She needs me, and I need her.

The bell then interrupted my thoughts.

"Okay! Roll!", the teacher shouts

I played around with my pencil to kill time, but I hear the door open. I look up hoping it was Alice, so I would look up, and give her a smile hoping that she would accept my apology. But it wasn't her, it was Jake. He walks over to his desk, and doesn't say a word. He jacked Alice up. He messed Alice up. I hated him. So much.

The bell soon rang, I got up, and gather my supplies. I see Jake walk out the door. I hurried up, and just shoved in all my papers in my backpack. I walk out the door, and try to catch up to Jake.

I wanted to have a word with him...