Chapter 20 | Not Anymore

~Alice's P.O.V.~

I immediately sit up, and begin to breathe heavily. I feel the sweat drop down my forehead. I realize that I wasn't on my bed. I looked around and it looked like I was in a hospital room. I look to my side, and there was multiple flowers.

"W-what?", I say under my breath.

I try to lean in and see who they were from. Wait who brought me here in the first place? I begin to look around.

I look for the clipboard that has all my information. It would probably explain everything. I try to move, but I was so weak, and immediately got dizzy. I didn't care, I pulled the things that were attached on my wrist, while I was I glanced at my wrist, and the bruises were beginning to fade away. I sat up, and crawled out of my bed. I grabbed the clipboard, and scanned through the information.

"Food poisoning?", I mumble under my breath. I stare at the clipboard with confusion.

I began to get lightheaded from simply standing, and I try my best to fight it. I began to hear footsteps approach the door. I turned around to see who it was, and my eyes widen in shock.

"J-Jake?", I ask in shock, and fear

"I though-t", he didn't finish his sentence, he ran up to me, and began to hug me. As if he hasn't seen me in years. What was he doing? Did he forget what he did to me? I immediately push him away, and he seem's surprised that I did.

"W-what are you doing?", I ask

"What are you talking about?", he asked. I see that his joy, and happiness slowly faded away.

"Don't you know what happened", I say reminding him that he slapped me. I try my best not to tear up from the memory. How can he simply forget something like that? Especially a promise.

"What? When you slapped me 2 weeks ago? I don't care Alice", he replied

"What?", I asked in confusion. I don't remember slapping Jake at all.

What does he mean when I slapped him?

"I don't care Alice, your fine and that's all that matters right now", he replies. Hugging me once again, but I back away.

"T-that's not what happened at all", I reply, giving him a look

"What are you talking about?", he asked with confusion

"Y-you slapped me, and abused me", I say looking away, I wipe my eyes to rub the tears away. I began to feel really dizzy, and lightheaded once again.

"Alice, I never did that", he replies, with shock. Walking closer to me.

I lost balance, and began to tumble. Jake then ran over to hold me up.

"I-I'm fine Jake", I reply pushing him away. I look down at the ground, and my vision was slightly blurry.

"Alice that never happened", he replies once again. He turns me around to make me face him.

"Then why do I remember it Jake?", I state while turning myself around. I hold my hand up to my head hoping for the headache to go away.

Was I dreaming? No it couldn't have been a dream. Tha-that was to real. I heard footsteps aproach once again. I turned around and saw, what I assume, the doctor walk in the room.

"Mrs.Johnson, you must lay down", the doctor replies, in shock that I was standing. Immediately looking up from his clipboard.

"No, i'm fine", I reply while stepping away from Jake

"Mrs.Johnson you have to, or else you might pass out", he states

"I'm fine", I state once again