Chapter 45 | Weird

~Alice's P.O.V.~

"Hey Austin, go make out with that girl over there," Li says pointing to someone in the crowd

"Fuck you," Austin chuckles, and he was soon gone.

"Was that Jake?" Li asked knowing that I was really uncomfortable.

"No. That was Ace." I state

"God damn, I should have never left," he states, I then smile on how Li cares so much for me.

"Li it's okay, this night isn't total shit," I smile, looking up to him and I met his eyes. He smiled back and we both sat back down and drank up our glasses of beer. I've have been hiding this emotion in the back of my mind, but what if I liked Li? What if I'm falling for him and I just didn't know? Maybe I'm just lonely right now. I haven't seen Jake in weeks. God, I can't miss him. He's hurt me so much. I took another sip from my drink drowning in my thoughts. I then realized I was so busy thinking, I didn't even realize I was sitting here, quiet for almost 5 minutes straight. I look over at Li and he knew I was deep in my thoughts. He lightly chuckled once he saw I was checked back in to the reality and took another sip of his drink. I smiled, already imaginig how stupid I looked.

"Sorry," I apologize

"For what? You were just thinking." He smiles. At this point I didn't know if Li was drunk, but I knew I was.

"Can you tell I'm drunk?" I asked, curiously

"Yes," He smiles and I just lightly giggled

"Can you tell I'm drunk?" He asked as well

"Your drunk right now?" I asked, surprised that he doesn't stumble on his own feet like I do.

"I'm guessing that's a no," He smiles. I lightly giggle. I slowly began to feel the effects of the beer. Everrything got lighlty fuzzier. It wasn't a dramatic change, I took a hold of my cup and took another sip. Ignoring the effect I was having.

"Can I ask you a question?" I ask, hoping that he would have enough trust in me.

"You just asked one right now," He playfully states and I simply smile. I glance over at Li with the cup in my hand.

"What was the girls name?" I ask. He hesitated, not taking his sight off his cup.

"Payton," He states, with a weak smile appearing in his face. He slightly turns over to me and lets out a quiet sigh. He looked as if he wished Payton was right here now. I felt so bad, I knew he must have felt a lot if pain.

"Look Li, I know how it feels like being lied to. I know it feels horrible, but let's pretend nothing in the past ever happened. Let's just have fun." I smiled. He looks over at me with a smile as well.

"Okay," He says as he got up from his seat with a grin.

"Let's have fun," Li then grabs my hand and pulls me on to the dance floor. I was giggling uncontrollably and began to dance freely with Li. Not caring of what happened in the past. I felt the adrenaline pumping in my veins, the energy in the room. It all felt amazing. At first I felt like I was going to regret even coming here. I felt like I was going to leave here crying. Instead I'm having the best time of my life. I looked up to see Li dancing in front of me and I just giggled at him. Li looks up noticing that I was observing his dance moves.

"What? Can't handle em'," He states and I just laughed.

"Now I can tell you're drunk," I smile and he smiled back. The song then came to an end and I let out an exausted sigh.

"Do you think you can out dance me in a dance battle?" I say with a smile as I look up at Li.

"Can you beat my dance moves on the next song?" He said with a grin. Assuming from his tone, he was accepting my challenge. We both prepared for the next song, but I realized it was a slow dancing song. My smile faded away and was replaced with an awkward expression and with heat rushing up to my cheeks.

"Um, we don't have to dance Alice," Li says as he looks back over at the bar.

"You chickening out?" I say as I try to smile away the awkwardness. He looks back over at me and see a smile form on his face.

"Never," He states

"Anyways, were just friends. Right?" Somehow I chocked whenever I said that. My heart started pounding. My shyness kicked in and I didn't really know why.

"Yeah," he smiles faintly. I observed everyone around us who were slow dancing with either their boyfriend or girlfriend. I look back over at Li and give him a small smile.

"Okay," I whisper nervously and I slowly slip my hands on his shoulders as an approval for him to place his hands on my hips. I had to slowly get used to it. Since nobody has done that to me...in a while.

I was scared to look in his eyes because I was afraid to get lost in them. Instead I focused on his chest. I was a little unbalanced from all beer I drank earlier. I don't even remember how many cups I drank. I don't know if I would be able to remember everything tomorrow. Even so, Li could. I have to gather all the courage in me to look at him. It's a habit I have to break. I let out a small sigh and slowly glance up and my gaze meets his. I softly smiled at how awkward the situation was.

"Your not half bad Alice," He smiles, and I just nodded

"You must be pretty drunk," I smile and he just laugh at my comment. I then decides to just address the problem.

"I'm sorry that I'm so shy all of a sudden," I state and he smiled softly

"It's fine, It's actually pretty cute," He states and I instantly blush at what he said and smiled softly. Maybe I should take a couple of more shots to make myself more comfortable, but I think I'm already drunk enough.

I then found my arms already wrapped around Li's neck and his wrapped around my waist. It all felt, unnatural to me and at the same time it felt right. I looked up to his eyes and just decided to get lost in them. Accepting my fate. Maybe I do like Li. Maybe I should move on. Maybe I could be happier with Li it could be the start of a new relationship.

~Li's P.O.V.~
I always want to say something. But somehow all the words get lodged up in my throat, so I just stay quiet. She looks so god damn gorgeous and I just wanted to kiss her so bad. Just like she said, we should pretend as if nothing happened in the past.

"You know what's really weird?" She asked. Thank god she finally said something to keep the conversation going.

"What?," I replied, suddenly growing curious of her question.

"It feels like I've known you for such a long time," she says keeping her focus on mine.
I nodded in agreement, but the only thing I found weird is how I can fall so hard for a girl like Alice.

"It feels like were really...really... Good friends," she trails off. The way she said good friends was as if she meant for it to sound wrong. As if other words needed to replace good friends. I then just decided to do it. Just say what I wanted to say all night long.

"You know what's really weird too?" I ask keeping my gaze on her eyes and I see curiosity flicker in her eyes, once I asked her.

"What?" She asked. There's no turning back know. I knew what to say, I knew what to do. The thing that scared me know was how she was going to react.

"I really want to kiss you right now," I whisper and once I said those words it felt so right.