Chapter 31 | Perspectives

~ Jake's P.O.V.~

"What the fuck is wrong with you?", I push Madi away from me, and wipe my lips off. She literally came up to me and kissed me. I looked up only too see a grin.

"Fucking bitch", I say with anger as I push her away.

Why the fuck would she randomly kiss me? Was she doing it to make Alice jealous? Where is Alice? I look to my side and see a kid with his phone up.

"Did you fucking take a picture?", I say with anger as I walk up to him. He looked startled and scared but he didn't fucking answer me.

"Answer my damn question!", I shout as I push him up the wall

"Someone bribed me okay!", he said as he looked away. I looked over at his phone and see the picture where me and madi were kissing.

"Who bribed you?", I say trying to calm myself

"I-I don't know. It was a dude with a mask so I couldn't tell", he stuttered

"Fuck", I mumble under my breath. I let him go, and go find Alice.

"Dude, are you back with Madi?", someone asked me. I turned around and faced him.

"Who the hell told you that?", I ask, he held up his phone and showed me the picture. This fucking kid spreaded the damn picture everywhere.

Now I need to find Alice. She's probably going to get the wrong damn Idea. Fucking hell. Why didn't push Madi away when I saw her? I need to find whoever planned the sick joke. I pushed through the crowd but didn't find a sign of Alice. Did she get drunk? No, its Alice. She's too smart and innocent for that. I got asked the same damn question everywhere I went.

"Did you and Alice break up?"

"Are you back with Madi?"

I got fucking sick of it. I walked outside of the house. I took out my phone and dialed Alice's number. After a couple of rings she picked.

"Alice, where are you?", I ask almost immediately

"Its too late to apologize Jake", I hear a voice say. And its sure as hell not Alice.

"What the fuck?", I shout

"It's a shame that you cheated on Alice. She is a beautiful girl, How can you let this one get away from your grip?", he said. I could hear his damn grin in his voice.

"You fucking bastard", I say with anger

"Good thing, Alice has a shoulder to cry on", he stated

I clench my fist in anger. Wanting to choke his fucking neck.

"I think Alice wants to end this crucial relationship Jake", he said. I knew he was fucking lying. But I knew he would lie to get Alice on his side.

"You son of a bitch", I mumble. He hangs up the call .I already knew what he was going to do. He would tell Alice lies. Trying to convince her that I'mpiece of shit. I knew she could get convinced easily. I walk back in the house, and look for one of his bastard friends from the football team. I find one and immediately push him up the wall.

"Where the fucking hell does Ace live", I bark

"Why the hell do you want to know", he said. Pretending to be confident, but I can sense the fear in his voice. My hand the shifted up his throat.

"Don't. Fucking. Test. Me.", I stated. None of his friends dared to confront me.

"F-Fine", he choked. 

~Alice's P.O.V~

I didn't know what Ace was telling Jake. I didn't want to know. Ace took me to his house. I wanted to leave. I didn't want to be at the party. And I didn't want to go home alone. I was still a little jacked up from the beer, but I could control myself. I didn't want to see Jake. I don't want to hear his promises. His lies.

I-I thought Jake actually had feelings for me. But it was all a cruel lie. I hear Ace come through the door. I get up and wipe off my tears. I look up to meet his gaze.

"W-what did he say?", I ask. Hoping that there was an explanation. Hoping that it wasn't true. Hoping that all the promises he said were true. Deep down I really hoped that everything would be okay. Hoping that Jake's feelings for me were true

"Alice, I'm sorry", he said holding my hands. My eyes began to tear up once more. I close my eyes shut as I look down. Ace pulled me in to a hug and I hugged back. All my hope for Jake was lost. 

"He pro-promised me", I cried. I felt the tears run down my cheeks, staining Ace's shirt. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I immediately pull away. Knowing what his intentions were.

"A-Ace", I say, but he held on to my hands

"Alice I want us to be together", he said as he held my hand

"Ace you don't understand the bond I had with him", I say looking down. Remembering Jake.

"Look, Im probably not the guy you wanted Alice", He said as he lifted my chin

"I know you and Jake were very close. I know you had many feelings for him. I knew you loved him", he said looking in to my eyes

"But after what he's done to you, how can you trust him again?", he states

"I don't know", I whisper

"Alice I really like you, and the moment I saw you, you had problems with Jake", he said

He placed his hands around my waist and pulled me close to him. I immediately felt heat rush up to my cheeks. I looked up to his eyes. Expecting to see brown eyes with a warm smile, but instead saw big blue eyes. 

"I won't treat you the same way Jake did, I will never be like Jake. But I know I will keep you safe. Make you feel wanted. Never leave you.", he trailed off. At this point I was lost in his eyes. I felt his warm breath on me.

"I would never hurt you Alice", He stated. He then gently placed his hands on my wrist. Knowing that Jake gave me those bruises. I looked down at his hands. Noticing how gentle he was with me.

"Ace I",I trailed of not knowing what to say. Wanting to know what I was feeling. I then quickly realized that Ace was acting the way Jake acted when he first met me. The way Jake acted when he first kissed me...

"Alice do you like me?", he said lifting my chin, making me focus on him.