Chapter 37 | Overthinking

~Alice's P.O.V.~

I lift my head up and tried to focus on him without getting lost in his stunning eyes. How can I explain such a complicated situation? I don't even know him? What if he's a psycho? What if he's actually really trusting?

He just moved here Alice. He's just trying to make friends. That doesn't mean anything though.

"It's a long story", I state. I looked up to him and he really does look like a trusting person, but I would need to more know about him to actually trust him. This is a really personal subject.

"I like long stories",he replies. I looked back up at the clock and it read 11:28. Even if I did tell him I wouldn't have enough time.

"When's your break?", He asked. I looked back at him to focus my glance on him once more.

"11:30", I state, glancing over.

"Mines at 12:00. Maybe we can meet up and get some food or something?", He asked. Did he just? Is he? What? Why is he trying so hard to get to know a girl like me? Why would he want to know my problems? I used to be very shy, but I guess I can assume ever since I met Jake I began to meet more people. I began to start random conversations with people. Like Liam. That's how I met Connor, and he's a sweet friend. Maybe Liam, is actually a good guy too. What if he could turn out to be a really good friend too? I smiled at the thought. I really did want to go. I looked down at my phone with the text message glaring at me.

Can we hang out today at the mall princess?

It was from the only person that calls me that. I really want to hang out with Liam. I want to know more people, Jake is keeping me sheltered and wants us to be together again but...I just need my space.

I turn off my phone and put back where it once came from.

"Yeah, that sounds great," I say with a faint smile.

"Okay, see ya then," he said while looking up at the clock. Of course that caused me to glance over at the clock and it read 11:30. Realizing it was my break. I give Liam a quick wave and head over to the employee room to check out.

I enter the room and walk over to desk full of papers and search for the clipboard with the checkout paper, but I began to have trouble finding the dang clipboard. The clipboard is always on the desk. Where else would it be? I then heard the door open behind me. I looked behind me to see who had enter the room and it was Liam's friend. He had a stack of jeans in his hand and a bored facial expression. He walked over to the rack of clothes that was on the other side of the room to, what I assume, place the jeans there. I focused back on the task I had originally. I slowly began to get more and more frustrated and soon gave up. I glanced over at the rack to see if Liam's friend was still there and he was, so I decided to ask him.

"Hey, do you know where the checkout paper is?", I ask as I face him. He turned around to face me as well, and his eye widen once he saw me. As if he thought I was someone else when he walked in here.

"I thought you were the manager," he smiled. That explain why he had a shocked facial expression. I giggled at his initial reaction. He nodded in response to my question and heads over to the desk and opens one of drawers of the desk. He dug around for a couple of seconds and soon took out the clipboard. How was I supposed to know it was there in the first place.

"Li probably put it there," he states, he then mumbles something under his breath, but it was to low for me to hear. I noticed that he calls him 'Li' instead of Liam. I really liked the nick name. It was short and sweet. I break out if my thoughts and I took the clipboard and sign my name and time.

"Names Austin by the way", he said as he walked out of the room

"Thanks, Austin", I say as I place down the clipboard on the desk.

~Liam's P.O.V.~

I see Austin come out of the employee's room with a grin on his face. What was he so happy about? Fuck, what if he had a make out session with Alice? What if she is just one of those easy girls. Aw man, I had my hopes way to high for this girl.

Wait, Austin would have given me the look though if he did have a make out session with her. He didn't, maybe i'm over thinking everything. I then see Alice come out of the room while placing her phone in her back pocket. If she did have a make out session with Austin she would have been smiling, she wasn't.

Austin is probably one of the biggest players I know. A woman magnet, and I don't have a damn clue why. He's a dick to girls and all he thinks about is sex. He always tries to hook me up with girls, but all of the girls back at my old town look like hookers. Alice actually looks gorgeous. She looks like she would actually put effort in a relationship, and she looks so innocent. I really look forward to our meet up....Wait where is going to be? Crap, I didn't say were we should meet up. I break out of my thoughts and look up to see if she was still in the store. She was about to leave the door.

"Alice!", Whoa that was way to loud than I expected it to be. Great, now I look like a weirdo. She immediately stops and looks over at me.

"Yeah?", she asked with a confused look. Probably wondering why I shouted so loud.

"Where exactly do you want to meet?", I ask with a nervous smile. Trying to forget the stupid act I just did.

"Um, where do you want to go?", she asked with a smile

"Just date already!", I hear a familiar voice scream. I look over immediately at Austin and he was folding some clothes with a grin, knowing I was giving him a glare.

"Bastard", I mumble under my breath. I looked down and quickly try to think of a place.

"Food court?", I suggest while looking up, she nodded agreeing to my suggestion.

"Bye", she said, waving goodbye

"Bye", I wave back giving her a smile. Once she left and was out of sight I let out a small sigh. I look over back at Austin trying to think of a way to kick his ass.