Chapter 39 | Realization

~Alice's P.O.V.~

I knew he meant that. I knew every single word he said he ment. I felt his hand slowly slip on to mine and I looked over at our hands touching. Feeling the warmth simply just from his hand. I then slowly began processed those words.

I knew what he wanted me to say. I knew what he wanted me to do. He wanted me to grip back on to his hand and to look up to him with a warm smile. I knew he wanted us to be in the relationship we once were, but instead without the fighting, the tears, the rumors. Just us, being happy with eachother's presence. Loving each other. He wanted me to feel the same way. I felt pricks of tears forming in the edges of my eyes knowing that what he wanted wasn't coming true.

I slowly pulled my hand back and place it in my lap instead. I looked away not wanting to see his reaction to my rejection. Not only did hurt him, but it hurt me.

"Jake. Y-you need to move on," I mumbled with the pathetic voice of mine. I looked down at the jacket that was wrapped around my waist. I untied the knot and gave it back without even looking at him. He didn't speak. He was quiet for who knows how long and it was killing me. I didn't want to look up, because I knew his eyes were going to be filled with dissapointment, sadness and anger. And I couldn't risk taking that chance. He has to find another girl. I didn't want to be so sad for such a long time anymore. I didn't want to be scared of when he gets mad. I don't want a relationship like that.

"Didn't you love me," he stated. It's weird how four simple words could emotionally destroy someone. And guess what? That's what exactly what happened to me. It made it so much difficult for me to speak. It made me look like a cruel person. How could he think...I didn't love him? Was my affection not enough for him? Did he need more than kisses and hugs? Did he need more than the actual words coming from my mouth that sound like 'I love you' I knew the answer. But I was mad on how he thinks I didn't love him. Of course I did.

"Jake." Was all I could managed to say. The words I planned to say, once more crashed in the middle of my throat. Preventing me to say what I wanted to say.

"You ment the world to me," I chocked. Everything then spilled out. It was if my body decided to just spill every thought. And that's what I did.

"Jake. Yo-you were probably the best thing that ever happened to me." I look at my hands. That were trembling with fear. I realized and processed the words that I just said. At this point I don't even know what I'm saying. I'm just thinking. It doesn't even feel like I'm talking, but I just realized I was.

"I've risked so many things for you," I continued. Speaking my thoughts, not stopping my self. I had a small feeling that he didn't want me to either.

"I loved you more than anything," I finish. My voice was beggining to tremble with fear. He didn't speak which was terrifying me. I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks. Hurting myself with the own words I'm using. I made the situation worse. I used the wrong words. I made him feel even more pain. Why am I making it so hard? I lifted my hand to wiped my pathetic tears away. I glance at the clock and say that it read 11:51 . I got up and planned to head out, or else I was going to be late to meet Li. Jake stood up as well. Blocking my way from the exit.

"Jake I-I have to go," I whimper as I made my way out the door, but I felt him grip on to my hand and pull me towards him.

"You can't just say something like that and leave," he states. I couldn't tell by the tone of his voice if he was mad. I kept trying to find something to distract myself with. Either by looking at other people or fumbling with my fingers, but I scanned the shop and nobody was here other than the employee that was working by the register but he seem'd to be gone. I'd rather look at anything else. I looked down at the ground without an answer.

"Alice please look at me," he asked, this one time. I expected him to lift my chin with his finger like he always used to in these situations. Force me to look at him. Force me to accept what I just said. Forcing to see what feelings I broke, but this one time he didn't. I shook my head. I felt my voice trembling. I didn't want to see his eyes piercing into mine. Filling me with guilt and sadness. He reached over hoping to grab my other hand, which he succesfully did. I didn't pull away like I did before. Because I couldn't, I needed Jake. It killed me to let him go. It killed me to say goodbye. But I had to. For the sake of us.

"Bye, Jake," I say. I feel an ache in my chest and feel my stomach go in a knot. I pull away from his embrace, and walk away. I felt the tears stain my cheeks for the hundreth time. I hear him call out my name, but I didn't turn back. I didn't even look at him once. Because it hurted to much. I loved him to much.

~Liam's P.O.V.~

I unpatiently tapped my foot. I was waiting here in the food court for about fifteen minutes already and I still didn't see a sign of her. I knew I set my expectations to high for Alice. I knew she was to good to be true. I lightly bang my fist on the table in anger. I was angry at myself. Why am I so stupid? I'm fucking getting mushy gushy over a girl I just met. Why the hell am I so pathetic.

I curse lighltly under my breath as I got up from the table. I brush my hand through my hair and glance up to see if she could be here. Hoping that she was jus late or there was an unconvinience, but I was wrong. I let out a sigh and walked towards the exit. I began to get a headache from all this stress and it was killing me.

I head over to the bathroom wanting to splash fresh water on my face, hopefully it would calm some of the pain down. As I walk over the bathroom I heard whimpering and sniffling. The more I aproached it the closer it sounded. I then found myself near to the girls bathroom. It could be anyone Li, but it sounded so familiar. My curiosity got the best of me, forgetting about Alice. I called out to see who it was and asking if they were okay.

"H-Hello?" I call out, hoping to get an answer back from whoever was in the bathroom.