Chapter 41 | Her Story

~Liam's P.O.V.~

I let out an annoyed sigh. I really didn't want to eat that piece of popcorn. She stook her hand out with the popcorn laying on there. I stared at the popcorn inconspicuously. I reached out and grabbed it. I knew she was smiling at the fact of me eating poporn. I glanced over at her and I wasn't wrong. A grin made its way on to my face, her smile was so contagious. I look back at the popcorn, knowing I was going to detest it strongly.

"Alice. Do I really have to do this?" I beg with annoyance in my voice, trying to send her the message.

"Please," she begged, I looked over at her one more time and she was dying to see my reaction. I couldn't get her to convince her, so I place the popcorn in my mouth and I almost immidiately gagged and spit the thing out. I heard laugh out loud uncontrolably at my reaction. I wiped my mouth away, looking at the popcorn laying on the ground with disgust. I looked back over at Alice and she was still laughing at my pathethic reaction. I then realized I was looking at her with a dumb smile on my face. I began to slowly laugh along with her. Her laugh was just. Amazing. It could bring light to any dark room. And being the one to cause it, made me smile even more. Just an hour ago she was crying and now she's laughing. She never really told me her whole story, but I knew right now is not the proper time for me to ask, but I was just- Curious.

She finally found a way to stop laughing and looked back at me with a smile on her face. I got lost in her eyes. I didn't realize I was and I immidiately snapped out of it. I think of something quick to say.

"That was probably the most disgusting thing I tasted, ever," I say with a smile, breaking the silence. She smiled at my comment and reached down to grab a piece herself and placed it in her mouth. I look away in disgust. She just giggled at my reaction and turn to the television and continued watching the movie. At some parts of the movie, I would sometimes just glance over at her. She would be to distracted in the movie, she would just look so perfect. I wanted to kiss her so badly. I looked down at her free hand on the remote. It was so tempting for me to reach out and just hold on to her, but I would just think of the consequences that could happen. You just met her Li. I kept saying that to myself over and over again. I look back at the movie and just try to make myself forget about everything. The movie soon came to an end. She let out a yawn and I looked out the window to see if it was dark outside and the sun was about the set.

"Time flies by so fast," I mumur

"I know," she responded back. I didn't realize I said that out loud.

I looked back over at her and she was holding out her phone, she was giving it a strange look. Right now was my chance.

"Alice. Why were you- crying," I say nervously, hoping I can't make the situation awkward. Hoping she trusted me.

She places her phone in her back pocket and looks at the ground avoiding eye contact with me. She took quiet some time to come up with an answer. If it takes her this long to answer, it must really hurt her.

"I'm sorry, I understand if you-" I say feeling guilty for even asking in the first place, but she doesn't let me finish

"No, no, I just. I was just nervous. I just think, your going to look at me differently." I'm shocked at what she says

"Alice, I will never look at you differently," I respond almost immidiately. She let's out a sigh and continuously opens and closes her fist.

"O-okay," she answers back. I could feel her nervousness just by simply listening to her voice.

"Well, I was in a relationship with a boy," she starts off. I knew it. I feel the strike of jealousy hit me, just of the thought that she was with another boy.

"His name is Jake. Jake Bryson," That name didn't sound familiar, but it sounded like it belonged to a jock.

"He's the mayor's son, and he's basically a player, he's bad," she continued. I had a feeling I knew where this was headed, but the anger inside me was boiling.

"I met him one day, I bumped in to him on my way to soccer practice. He didn't like me and I didn't like him, but for some strange reason he kept wanting to know me." she stated. The fact that she played soccer kinda made me fall for her more.

"He then forced me to go out with him," What the fuck? Who the fuck does this guy think he is? This fired me up even more. He can't just fucking boss whoever he wants. Especially force someone do something they don't want to do.

"So I did. I didn't really have an option. I hated it. Then I slowly found that he was a really nice guy. I hated the fact that I was starting to get feelings over a player," Theres that jealousy again. Stabbing me.

"Then I found myself- slowly...but...surely falling for him. And then one day...he kissed me...and I realized I really did like him back," I was dying in the inside. It's like she knew, and she was just trying to send me the message. Telling me to screw off, but I knew she wasn't. She doesn't eve know I like her.

"I hated that I did," she continues

"He then lets me go. He said I was keeping my feelings to myself to much, and that he wanted me to just let all of my feelings go for him," I continuously listen to her, without interupting. Keeping all my thoughts to myself.

"He invites me over to a party as a friend," Oh god. I can already imagine.

"But I just fell for him. I expressed my feelings for him, and it felt right. He said he had the same feelings for me too, but then his ex told me he was lying, that he was with me...just to sleep with me," How could I not be mad? No, mad is an understatement. I was fucking pissed at Jake.

"I ran away, I didn't want to see him. Then I met Ace," Hold up. He hooked up with two guys? What the fuck am I talking about? I don't even know if she slept with Jake. Wait, Is she even a virgin? God, I should shut the fuck up.

"He helped me feel a little better about myself," I didn't know if she ment emotionally, but I was hoping that's what she ment.

"He took me home, but Jake was there. He didn't like Ace. At all. He was mad at me. For..Leaving him. An-and he." she didn't finish her statement, She began rubbing her wrist.

"He hurted me. P-physically," Once she said those words, I couldn't keep it inside anymore. I was enraged. She looked hurt just talking about this. Fucking bitch running around hurting women, let alone hurt Alice. I try to calm myself down, and try to let her finish. Without my thoughts interrupting.

"After that day, he promised he would stop. I was bruised terribly and he lost his temper many times..."

"Di-di He hurt you more than once Alice?" I asked trying to control my anger. She nodded answering my question.

"But he kept promising and he promised he would change, an-and he slowly did, but I was emotionally u-unstable. He said he loved me, and h-he kept saying that I was just."

"I don't know if he's actually being...Honest with me." She mumbles.

"B-But he the way he looks at me, the way he says I love you, I do believe him," she continues

"But..Not just a couple days ago...He said things that terrified me. He acted completly different. I-It was if he wasn't even Jake," Her hands began shaking and she had a scared facial expression. He basically forced her to love him.

She has been living her life in fear.