Chapter 34 | Work

~Alice's P.O.V.~

I pull away and immediately look down with a faint smile across my face. I felt his hands give mine a quick squeeze.

"I'm sorry for everything i've done Alice", he whispered. As he finished that statement he slowly lifted my hands and kissed them. I glanced up at his face and our eyes met. Causing me to tense up, as if we were meeting for the first time. A see a faint smile make his way on his face at my reaction.

"I'm going to miss you", he smiled

"Princess", he finished. Of course he made me smile, but my smile slowly faded away realizing what I did and what the future will hold.

"I'm guessing you need a ride", he stated

I lifted my head to face him and lightly nodded in agreement. He leaded the way and walked with me to the car with our fingers intertwined with each others. He had to know that sooner or later we couldn't do this anymore. We can't hug, kiss. Nothing. He was to much to handle. To many problems. To many feeling to handle at once. We couldn't figure it out.

I knew rumours were going to spread. I knew they are going to get twisted up and end up to be something that is completely false. I didn't care. I still don't know if I can believe Jake about that picture. I was lost in my thoughts that I didn't even realize I was in the car with Jake. I realized that half the car ride was silent. I glanced over at him and he had a smile on his face. I gave him a confused look, wondering what he was smiling about.

"I love how you look like when your deep in your thoughts", he said as he was driving

"Oh", I softly say, with light red cheeks.

"Jake. You know we can't see each other as much as we used to. We can't hold hands. We can't kiss-", He cut me off, assuming he realized my point

"I know. I was just complementing you.", he said in tone as if I killed the mood.

"I-I was just trying to clear things up," I say as I turn out the window. Seeing all the houses pass by. Getting lost in the view. Soon we arrived at my house. I felt the car come to a stop, and I stepped out of the car. Jake, as well, got out of the car and walked over to me. To give a proper goodbye.

"Thank you, for everything Jake", I say with a faint smile

He nodded, knowing he was trying to say 'your welcome'

"Friends. Right?", he asked locking his eyes on mine.

I hesitated for a couple of seconds.

"Yes," I say with a smile

A smile made his way on to his face once he heard that word.

I saw him have trouble saying the next words. He slipped his hands around mine once more.

"Alice, I'm really...going to miss you", he said lifting his glance and fixing it on mine.

This must be so hard for him. Knowing that he did actually try. He did really care. Everyday he could possibly wake up, thinking that he wasn't good enough. I don't want him to think that. That's the last thing I want him to do. I don't want him to go through pain. I fixed my glance on him as well. Knowing I was tearing up. I knew he loved me and he knew...that I loved him.

"Jake..I-I'm going to miss you to", I stutter. Those were'nt my intentional words. I wanted to say that he was everything to me, but I didn't want to make it harder than it already was.

He leaned and wrapped his arms around me, and I wrapped mine around him as well. I hugged him as tight as I could. As if there was no tomorrow. There really was. This is the last of our relationship. He pulled away and looked at me once more.

"Bye", I softly say

"Bye", he replied back

I didn't want to leave. I was pretty sure he didn't want to either. I wanted to get it over with and turned towards the house and he, I assumed, walked back to the car.

So this is how it ended Alice...

~Next Day~

I've noticed that I have been missing many worked day at Pacsun and I could risk getting fired. So I started to put in more hours and decided to work on the weekends. Which sucks very much. I put on my work shirt some skinny jeans and put my hair in a bun. I put on mascara like always. I took some money with me because I was to lazy to walk to the mall. I glanced at the mirror one last time and checked if I had everything. I walked out the door, knowing that I had everything, and locked the door behind me.

I walked over to the bus stop that was at the corner of my street, and waited patiently. I took out my phone to kill time. I saw that I had a notification on my phone. First thing that came to my mind was a text message from Jake, but once I swiped to see what it was. It was the picture.

At first I got startled, but once realization hit I looked at the picture like if it was nothing. I deleted the picture and put down my phone. The bus still hasn't arrived yet. If I don't get there in time I can get fired. I looked over beside me to see if they were people and realized a couple of people were waiting for the bus as well. What caught my eye was that I saw a guy wearing the same shirt I was. He was to busy being distracted on his phone, like I was a couple of moments ago. I glanced at his features and he had dirty blonde hair. I didn't want to focus on his facial features, because he could look up and catch me looking at him and that would make me look like a creeper. A person was in between us so unless he got off his phone he would notice me.

I let out a quiet sigh, bored. I fumbled with my fingers because measures have gotten this far. I heard the sound of a vehicle coming towards me. All the people sitting on the bench, pretty much everybody waiting for the bus, got up and waited for the bus to come to a complete stop. Once it did I got on and paid for the ride. I quickly looked through all the seats and and sat down in an empty one. The bus filled up quickly and I noticed the guy with the same shirt as mine was left without a seat. The only seat available was next to me. I looked up and we made eye contact I immediately look down casually, but I felt heat rush up to my cheeks. God, that was so embarrassing. I shift my hand up to my forehead. Covering myself from the shame.

"Is this seat taken?", I heard a voice say.

I remove my hand and look up to him and the first thing I notice were hazel eyes. It took me a second to realize it was the same guy I made eye contact with.

"No", I politely say