Chapter 26 | Jumping To Conclusions

~Alice's P.O.V.~

I hear the woman working the cashier mumble something under her breathe.

"Stupid thing isn't working again", she states while looking at the cashier register

"Wait here ill go get the manager, I'm so sorry", she said and left to get the manager.

This is just what I needed. I started to panic. I really didn't want to be here. Jake looked over at me, and noticed my worried facial expression.

"Alice something is really bothering you", he states, while holding my hands. I look up, and see that he was really worried for me. I can't to lie to him.

"I-I just really don't want to be here", I say, looking up to his eyes. I then hear a familiar voice behind my back. I didn't want to turn around, because I already knew who it was. I look down, avoiding Jake's eyes. Jake's eyes widen once he heard the familiar voice. Knowing who it was. Knowing why I wanted to go. He let's go of my hands, and I knew he was mad, and I know how he reacts when he's mad. He looks up, and stands in between me and Ace.

"What the hell are you doing here", he asks facing him

"Well, i'm a big fan of Halloween", he said with a grin lifting a mask. He's just messing with Jake.

"Jake let's just go", I say pulling on his arm

"So Alice your coming to the party I assume", He states, I look up to face Ace, and he just smiles at me. Knowing that he's making Jake mad. I know what Ace is trying to do. He's trying to make me have feelings for him again, but I guratee you that will never happen

"Y-yeah", I answer, getting nervous just by talking to him. I was scared of what his answer might be. I was scared on how Jake will react. I just wanted to get this whole thing over with.

"Alice c'mon", Jake demands. He heads to the exit, and leaves without me. I knew he was mad.

"I guess i'll see ya there", he smiled. I turned around, and left. Not wanting to see his face. I walked over to Jake's car, and got in. I look down at my hands. Not knowing what to say to Jake. Not knowing if he was mad at me for lying. I gathered my courage, and tried to speak up.

"Jake I-", was all I can manage to say, I was just really nervous that he might be mad. I was scared that bad things might happen...

"Can we go to your house", I ask, hoping that he would say yes.

"Do you have feelings for him?", he states immediately, as if that question was killing him

"Jake, no", I say immediately answering his question. Now he's jumping to conclusions, but he told me he gets jealous easily, but he shouldn't think that I like other people.

"Your mom must be worried about you", he states, not sounding happy. Basically denying my offer to go to his house.

"I don't care", I state. I really wanted him to be happy. I don't like seeing him like this

"I don't want this day to be ruined just for one certain person", I say looking up at him, but he still didn't answer me.He wasn't facing me. He was avoiding my face. I tried to think of something that can convince him no matter what.

"I'll let you sleep with me from now on, if we go to your house", I say with a smile, and smile crept on his face as well.

"Fine", he smiled. I felt a little better knowing that he was at least kind of happy.

"You have to let me do anything I want with you on Halloween night", he said with a grin Once those words left his mouth, I began to blush like crazy. Knowing what he had in mind.

"Um", was all I can manage to say

All he does is chuckle.

"Not that crazy", he smiles

"O-okay", I blush, he then noticed that I was blushing, and smiled

"Your so innocent", he smiles

"Can we be at your house?", I ask once again. Ignoring that he denied me earlier.

"It's almost 8:00", He states

"I don't care, I want to be with you just for a while", I see him smile at my comment

"Okay", he smiled

We drived back to his house. I get out of the car, and follow him in to his house. He headed up to his room, and he plopped down on his sofa. He seem'd extremely tired. I sat down next to him, and rest my head on his shoulder. Hoping to comfort him. We just sat there, and just had small talk. My phone then buzzed. I reached for my phone, and saw that I got a text message from my mom. She was worried, and asked where I was. I put the phone down, and looked over at Jake. Not wanting to go home.

"Who was it?", he asked

"My mom", I reply, while looking down

"Maybe if you told her about us she wouldn't get mad", he said

"Yeah, she would be thrilled once I tell her I'm dating the bad boy", I say sarcastically. He put shis arm around my shoulder, and pulls me close to him

"It won't hurt if you just stayed one night", he whispered

"Jake I have to go", I say while standing up. He let's out a sigh, and stands up as well

"No your not", he said possesivly taking a step closer to me, and every step he takes I take a step backwards making me hit the wall.

"I don't want you or I to get in trouble", I say facing him

"Then you'll know how it really feels to be bad", he smirked, while wrapping his hands around my waist making me melt.

I thought about my decision. Yes, I really wanted to stay. I looked up to meet his gaze. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be "bad", but deep down I really did. No Alice this isn't right.

"Jake I need t-", I was then cut of with him interrupting me.

"Just stay for one night", he insisted once more, In a convincing tone.

He was starting to annoy me a little bit. Why can't he respect my decision? I don't want him to get in trouble. I push him away signaling him that I was serious. I avoided as much eye contact as possible, because I was afraid of getting him mad. I know I shouldn't be worried, but deep down..I just. I just think he's still going to hurt me, and i'm terrified that he will. I began to remember all the memories. I try to push the most terrible ones away. It just hurts so much. Im scared that my dream from the hospital might come true. Im worried that Im always going to be afraid of Jake. I don't want to live a life of fear.

I don't want to relive those moments over and over again. It's as if i'm torturing myself. Alice it's okay, Jake said he won't hurt me anymore. He said he will protect me. I try not to think of the memories again.

"Jake, can you please take me home?", I ask still not looking at him directly. He held on to my hand and lifted up my chin. Noticing that I was tearing up. His smirk was wiped away.

"Alice whats wrong", he said sounding worried

I didn't want to tell him.

I was too scared...