Chapter 38 | Breaking the news

~Alice's P.O.V.~

I walk out of the store with a smile on my face. Liam, no Li, is so funny and clumsy. It makes me laugh. Putting the clipboard in the drawer and him shouting my name by accident. I felt a smile grew on my face just thinking back at those recent memories. I then ruin my smile by looking down at my phone for the five hundredth time and look at the text message.

Jake and I were going to meet at a Dunkin Donuts and just get some coffee. As friends. Hopefully Jake would understand that I need my space. I wanted to meet new people. I will admit, I grew tired of all the trouble and tears he's has put me through. What if he gets mad? What if- No Alice stop. He can't do that. He has no control over you anymore. I then slowly began to feel my heart beggining to pound just having slight glance at those horrifying thoughts. All that stress and all those tears. I try to forget about my current thoughts. I tried to clear of my slate, and pretend none of that happened.

Instead I tried to focus on meeting Li. My exciment to meet Li grew more by the minute. There was just something in him that I find charming. He actually didn't force me to talk to him, but that wasn't it. I just find how clumsy he is cute.

I break out of my thoughts and look up to see where I was. I already passed the caffe. God, my thoughts were distracting me. I walked back to the shop, and entered, pretending I didn't pass by just a couple moments ago. I scanned the shop to see if Jake was already there. I grew nervous, not knowing how he would react. I grew nervous on how I would react on his reaction. Im probably just overthinking everything. I let out a quiet sigh trying to destress myself. I didn't spot Jake anywhere, so I just ordered something myself. As I wait for my small coffee I walked over towards a table and sat down. I took out my phone, trying to kill time. Trying to make time go by faster. I scrolled my heart away through Twitter and Instagram. Trying to see if any news on social media was important. I didn't want to eat anything, I was saving my apetite for later on when I meet Li.

My order was soon ready and I slowly got up and walked over to get the hot drink. I walked back over to my table. I take a small sip from the drink and feel the hot liquid tickle my lip.

"Hey", I hear someone say, startling and causing me to jump. I then feel coffe spill down my pants. I look up and see Jake with a shocked facial expression. I assume he wasn't expecting to scare me. I shifted my head down and slowly felt the warm coffe sink deeper in to my clothes giving me an uncomfortable feeling.

"I-I didn't mean to scare you," I hear Jake say with guilt in his voice. I looked up and had an annoyed facial expression. I'm going to have to buy pants somewhere else. Jake then got up, knowing what he was going to do. I denied his offer.

"I can go buy new pants," I state noddind over at the multiple shops around us, but he insisted on me having his jacket.

"Alice. This was my fault and it's the least I could do," he said with sternness in his eyes. I gave up and just accepted I wasn't going to win this dispute.

"Fine," I agreed. I grabbed the warm jacket and wrap it around my waist making the stain less visible than it was before. I sat back down and pushed my coffe away at a safe distance, just in case. I looked up to Jake and realized he didn't have a drink.

"Aren' t you going to order something," I asked pointing over at the front register.

"I'm not hungry," he vaguely stated. Why did he invite me here in the first place then?

"I just wanted to see you. Check up on you," He states with a weak smile, but I knew that was half true. That then brought up a certain thought in my head. Breaking the news, of the sudden change that we both have to adapt to. Not seeing each other as much as we used to. Not hugging eachother. Not kissing eachother. I know I've stated it before, but that was right after we- I decided we should have seperated. Yes, it was a dramatic change. Not only for him, but for me.

I used to be a shy girl but then Jake forcefully entered in my life and somehow has brought me out of my shell. I used to do nothing all day, but after I met Jake, my life got more interesting and dramatic. Eveyday was different. I was seeing Jake everyday. My life was a rollercoaster of feelings and I just. Couldn't handle it. I wasn't used to all the drama all the rumours and expectations. I didn't want all the attention. I broke out of my thoughts and realized I was staring at my hands for at least 5 minutes. I looked up and see his piercing brown eyes.

I planned out what I was going to say. I knew what words to use, but when I opened my mouth. All the words crashed in the middle of my throat and got stuck there. As if my body wasn't letting me say those words. I close my agape mouth. Hoping that he wouldn't ask what I was about to say. I reached over for my coffee, hoping to drink away the lump in my throat and start over.

"I'm sorry Alice," he abruptly says. I place my coffe down at the table. What was he apologizing for? He could be apologizing for the accident that just happened, but-

"For everything tha I put you through," he continues. Instead of asking and questoning everything he said I paid attention and just listened.

"I've never really had a relationship like this before. You actually decided to put up with all of my bullshit and I was a dumb ass to keep on hurting you over and over again. Alice, your just so- so damn perfect and I've never ever met a girl like you before. Your just so delicate and innocent. I was so used to girls who were rough and I wasn't really the guy about relationships, but damn. You're so damn important to me Alice. I hate to see you cry. I get mad when people hurt you or try to take you away from me. I get jealous when I see you with other boys. I'm afraid to loose you Alice," No matter how many times Jake gives speeche's like these. They somehow always get to me. Those words seem to find their way into my naive head and mess with me. This doesn't really help to what I was planning to say. It was starting to make me doubt saying anything at all, but I knew I had to say it. I needed to. Before things got out of hand.