Chapter 13 | Bestfriends

~Alice'sP.O.V.~

I put the phone down. Did I just loose my bestfriend? I look over to Jake and he was looking at the television. I was mad. I was mad at myself. I was mad at Jake. it didn't have to be this way. It could have been done another way.

"Jake why did you do that?", I ask

"I did you a favor princess", he said while still looking at the tv

I was know extremely mad. I get up and turn off the television. I don't care what Jake would do to me. I lost my bestfriend because of him.

"What are you doing?", he asked

He then noticed my mad facial expression

"You made me loose my best friend!", I shout

He then gets up. I tried to stay strong. I will admit I was scared of him though. He walks over closer to me.

"Your blaming me?", he asked

I didn't answer immediately

"I wasn't planning on telling her right now",I say loosing a little bit of confidence

He backs me up until my back hits the wall. I started to panic.

"I suggest you rethink your opinion, it's been done Alice, if she was actually your bestfriend she would support your decision in anything", he said

"She is my bestfriend and bestfriend will try to protect you no matter what they have to sacrifice", I say with confidence

"Protect you? from me? Then where is she?", he said in an intimidating voice leaning closer to me, he then wraps his arm around my hips making me melt. Alice! your mad at him.

"It's so hard to convince you", he said almost touching my lips teasing me.

He's making me feel so weak. It's was difficult trying to be mad at him at this moment. I couldn't push him away because that would hurt my wrist.

"I know you want to kiss me", he said with a smile, he makes me blush. I try to be mad at him

"Stop it", I say in an angry voice

"Being angry doesn't help, it just makes me want to kiss you even more", he said with a smile

I look down trying not to give in. Like always he lifts me up by my chin, forcing me to look at him.

"I don't know what to do", I admit

I don't know what to do. I don't know what to say to Bella. I cant be mad at Jake. No matter how hard I tried.

"This was all my fault", I whispered

He lifts up my arms and wraps them around his neck. Trying to comfort me. Which was kind of working.

"This is not your fault Alice, bestfriends will stay with you no matter", he stated leaning closer to me

"She just..doesn't like you", I say, he didn't answer me. I'm thinking he already knew why.

"Im tired", I say, changing the subject

"Do you want to go up to your bed?", he suggested with a grin.

"No, can we watch a movie?", I ask. I just wanted to get my mind off of things. I still wasn't comfortable kissing Jake. I know I kissed him before, but I just don't feel ready for kissing.

"Fine", he said pretending to be disappointed. I put on a comedy and sit down next to Jake. I started to rest my head in his shoulder, and he began to smile when I did. I know he's the kind of guy who likes to take things fast, but I haven't been in a relationship for almost 2 years.

-
I slowly began to get tired, and so did Jake. I looked up at the clock and it was 10:49.

"Do you want to go up to your bed?", he suggested

"Only to take a nap", he replied with a smile

"Okay", I yawn

We both went up the stairs and headed to my room. I laid down on my bed and he laid down next to me. He pulled me close to his chest. My reaction was to tense up and he just chuckled once again at my reaction. I was just not used to this. After a couple of seconds I relaxed and drifted off to sleep.

-

I woke up, and I saw the sunlight coming through my window. I rubbed my eyes, and sat up. I look to my side and Jake wasn't here. Where did he go?

I get out of bed and head to the bathroom. I rinsed my face and dried it with a towel. I walked out of the bathroom and headed downstairs. The television was on.I looked around to see if Jake was around, but he wasn't.

Why would he leave just like that? I walked towards the fridge, and grab some grapes to calm my hunger. I carry the bowl with me up to my room, and place it on my nightstand. I grab my phone, and notice there was one text message

Pick you up at 6:00?

I smile at the text message. How am I going to tell Ace? Were just friends, Yeah. That means I can hang out with him. But Jake specifically said not meet him. But he can't control me.

Okay

I reply. I look up at the clock to see what time it was.

 5:47 pm. I had to get ready.

I then feel arms wrap around my waist. I immediately jump and shriek, and drop my phone. I immediately get out of the persons arms.

"Calm down, it's just me", Jake said, while smiling

"You scared the crap out of me", I say breathing heavily

"I didn't mean to scare you", he chuckled

"What did you expect me to do?", I ask

"To expect it was me", he replied

"God Jake, I could have gotten an heart attack", I say while smiling making him smile

I get up, and head downstairs for my shoes.

"Who were you texting that made you smile?", he asked

Crap.