29~ 스물 아홉 ~

Jimin sat at the round table with the 6 leaders of the Eternal. They all donned the club's emblem at the back of their leather jackets -- a blood orchid. Why that symbol? It was meant to represent the blood ties between members of the gang.

"So, Jimin. Have you broken up with her yet?" Jin asked expectantly.

"...no." He answered reluctantly.

"Why though?" Taehyung interrupted with an eye roll.

Jimin scoffed, "You act like we weren't in class with her last year."

His age mate muttered a "whatever" under his breath before Jin spoke up again. "Jimin... you know you have to do this."

"But I can't! I can't just leave her. She makes me so much happier and if I don't have her, you'd be better off without me anyways."

Seokjin knew that Jimin would stand his ground, and deep down, he was proud for sticking up for what he believed in.

Yoongi suddenly cut in, "So what do we do? Jin, you know we need Jimin."

"We could just..." everyone turned to Namjoon, "get rid of her?" As Jimin's eyes narrowed into slits, the Ilsan boy smiled, "Relax, pretty boy, I'm just kidding."

They all sat in silence for a while, mulling over the fact that they really couldn't win. Jungkook was tapping against the table with his car keys until, "What if she just... joined the gang?"

"What?!" Both Jimin and Seokjin said at the same time.

"I'm so serious." The youngest stood up abruptly and placed his hands on the table, "Think about it. If she's a part of the gang, our rivals can't have any leverage over us cause she's not someone who needs to be hidden."

Hoseok chuckled, "That actually makes sense. Weird sense but sense nonetheless. She'll still be in some danger because she's Jimin's girlfriend but if we can teach her some self defense and how to use a gun, it could work."

Jin looked at his trusted partners once more and turned to face Jimin again, "Well..?"

______________

"I said no."

Yani followed Jimin out of her bedroom and down the stairs. "What?! Jimin, why?!"

"Because I don't want you to die."

"But I won't!"

He turned around, making her bump into him. "Oh yeah? And how do you know that."

"Believe it or not, I actually know how to defend myself." She said haughtily. It was somewhat true. Her mom had taught her a few techniques to use with daggers from home.

They were interrupted by the door opening and in came Yaniswa's brother. "Hey, Jimin."

He greeted back (they had warmed up to each other after a few months).

"We'll talk about this later."

She didn't argue but instead, went out for a walk in the neighbourhood. It was a chilly day and she cursed herself for not at least bringing a cardigan to wear over her dress. She got to the park and sat on a swing, thinking to herself.

Why was he so protective? If she could join the gang, it'd be a win-win situation. She knew that he missed racing too but... he wouldn't take his only chance to get the best of both worlds...

"Penny for your thoughts?"

Yani was startled by the deep voice that sounded from nearby. Turning her head, she saw a tall man with a beautiful face, dressed in a dress shirt and dress pants. His hair was styled to perfection and he had kind eyes but she felt an intimidating aura from him.

"No need to he scared, I won't hurt you." He chuckled, "I'm a friend of Jimin's."

She started to catch on, and from the tattoo she saw on his hand, she could only guess that he was probably in the illegal business. "Hi, what's your name?"

"I'm Seokjin. Jin for short. You might have heard of me?" He sat on the swing next to her, ready to engage in conversation.

"Yeah I have. Jimin told me about you. And your..." she leaned closer, whispering, "little club."

Jin laughed hard, shocking her quite a bit because she didn't expect the gang leader to have such a comical laugh. "Yes, I'm from the Eternal gang. I'm sure he's told you that I want him back. And you're a bit of an obstacle cause you're his girlfriend but he can't  be in a relationship with anyone outside our club if he's going to rejoin. And you know he wants to, right?"

"Yeah..."

"He said that breaking up with you was out of the question. But you see, I really need that boy to secure our top position in the district. And the only to make that happen is if I kill you..."

She widened her eyes.

"Or recruit you."

And let out a breath in relief. "He said no."

He chuckled again. "Well, Yaniswa. That's not his choice to make, is it?"

They looked at each other and smiled. Yani knew exactly what to do.