6~여섯~

"I'm sorry?" A card was attached to her locker the next morning and she read it out loud confused. She looked behind her, surprised to see Jimin standing there with a single rose and a crêpe that looked identical to the one from yesterday.

"Yani...please forgive me."

"I thought I did, yesterday."

"No, you didn't. Not for real anyway." He looked down, ashamed of himself. "I was acting in a way I shouldn't have. I'm sorry. I don't want to do that again. What I expressed was abusive behaviour and although we're not exactly a couple, I want you to be safe around me. Please forgive me?"

She laughed a bit, mainly at the crêpe, before taking the tokens of apology from his hands. "Thank you, Jimin. But where did you get the crêpe?"

"I paid the owner to open up shop early this morning."

"Oh, Jimin. I forgive you, for real this time. Just don't scare me like that again."

He smiled, telling her he had to go to the principal's office but not before asking, "You're still coming tonight right?"

She nodded at him, a sly smile taking over her face. For some reason, she was overexcited about this event. So much so, that she stayed up all night trying to pick the perfect outfit. Her mother agreed for her to go but said she might have to get her own transport back home.

The day couldn't go fast enough for the both of them. On one hand, Jimin was nervous that she would see his house and think he was spoilt. It was no secret that he was rich but for some reason, he didn't want her to see him as money. The party was going to be expensive and big for sure but he only hoped that it wouldn't blind her.

Yani was surprisingly excited. As soon as she got home, she took a shower and started doing her hair. Her music was playing out loudly as she sat doing her makeup, making sure not to mess up her hair. Lastly she put on her dress and on cue, her phone dinged.

New Snapchat from Park Jimin

—babygirl are you ready?

She decided not to type anything but sent a picture of herself. It was one of those risky moments for her but the deed was done. All she could do was wait for a reply.

 All she could do was wait for a reply

what am I going to do with you?

punish me?

don't tempt me on my birthday
—you won't like it when I get my hands on you
—come early

—the invite clearly said at 8 o'clock promptly
—have patience
—ill see you there

She cackled silently, pleased with the result of her actions and getting her bag before waiting downstairs for her mother. It was 7:30pm and it was going to take exactly half an hour for them to get to Jimin's house, telling from the GPS. "So, are you excited?"

"For?" She asked her mom, who was oddly ecstatic.

"To go celebrate your boyfriend's birthday."

"We're not dating."

"Well, you should."

Yani didn't even know why her mother was encouraging a relationship, period. Her studies were way more important than any man, however, it seemed that Park Jimin was soon to be an exception.

"You look...sexy." Her mother side eyed her, already knowing why. "Whatever you do, remember to use condoms, okay?"

"Mom!"

"I'm just being cautious."

"Jimin and I have known each other for two weeks max, we aren't having sex so soon."

"So then what was the moaning all about when they came over to the house?"

That shut Yani right up. Even though they weren't doing 'it' yet, she wasn't comfortable discussing her sexual activity with her mom.

"Your destination is on the right." The GPS said.

A mansion. That was where Jimin lived, breathed, ate and slept. In a mansion. "You picked nicely, baby." Yani's mom squished her cheeks, much to the victim's dismay.

"Bye, mom!" With her invitation in hand, she walked down the paved pathway between some black roses and up to the double doors, where a man stood, checking information and validation. "Yaniswa Mkhize."

He looked at her invitation and let her pass into a world of pulchritude. High on the ceiling, a majestic chandelier sparkled over everything, enhancing the atmosphere in the room by adding a certain class to it. The scene was outrageous yet subtle at the same time. Acrobats were hanging off pieces of fabric and contorting their bodies in the unholiest of ways to create something magical, and to Yani, that was more than what anyone deserved.

The music playing was a sort of crossover between classical and modern. It was weird but enjoyable, making her think about what taste in music Jimin had. Speaking of, the boy was nowhere to be seen. Yani recognized a few people from their school but many were unfamiliar faces. People were conversing with each other as if they were friends since forever, making Yani feel excluded in the midst of things.

With her dark skin, she stood out of the crowd. In the middle of the room, a timid Yani swayed to the music, not feeling eyes burn into her. Intensely, Jimin watched her as she moved, thinking about how he managed to get her to come to his party. Yes, he was a little forceful, but her arrival really did shock him—however it was worth it.

There in her black dress, the girl Jimin spent sleepless nights thinking about, was present. "If you want her, go get her." Namjoon said to his 동생 (younger sibling).

"Trust me, I will."

The rest of his group of friends were chatting to the guests downstairs, leaving Jimin alone at the balcony to think. What will I do? He smiled as he watched her stuff a meringue into her mouth and lick her fingers. Just as she was about to take another, he took a microphone from the stool near him and cleared his throat.

"Hello, everyone. I'm Park Jimin, as you know. Today, is my birthday and instead of doing something for me, I want to give back." He commanded attention. "I have partnered with UNICEF along with my close friends, Kim Seokjin, Kim Namjoon, Jeon Jeongguk, Kim Taehyung, Min Yoongi and Jeong Hoseok, to create two movements.

"The first being LOVE YOURSELF, which I think is very important, because in a world like ours, where it's kill or be killed, people are hating themselves and dying because of it. Mental health is an issue which we don't talk about enough and disregard, so this movement will be to raise awareness about mental illness and offer ways for people to know that they are not alone. Donations towards the campaign start at ₩1 000 000 and I hope you feel the need to make a difference.

"The second movement is called END VIOLENCE because our women and children are dying everyday due to being victims in abusive relationships." He looked to Yani, who seemed transfixed on him. "Abuse is not a joke. Many victims feel as though they are responsible for their  counterparts' abusive action, which does not sit well with me. No women should endure aggression and violence by her partner at any stage, in any way nor any time. I, unfortunately, showed traits which I despise and inflicted pain on another person. To her, I'm very sorry. I acknowledge my wrong and do not condone those acts of behaviour otherwise. We need END VIOLENCE because not enough people are fighting for the women who birthed us and gave us life, nor are we fighting for innocent children suffering the consequences of an abusive partner. Donations for this campaign start at ₩2 000 000 and all proceeds go to several organizations which house and care for survivors u til they are ready to enter the world again.

"Thank you for attending, enjoy the music, dance and food. I'm Park Jimin and all I want for my birthday is help in helping other people."