22~스물두~

Jimin woke up first, ensuring that he didn't wake Yani up when he slipped out of the cool satin sheets and put on some shorts. He walked down to the kitchen quietly, greeting the staff and looking at the food that was ready to be plated for breakfast. "Can you set the table in the garden?"

The supervisor nodded, instructing everyone to get moving. "Jimin." He turned his head to face his mother, who was standing in the doorframe holding a briefcase and in her scrubs.

She looked terrible, dark under eyes and flushed out skin while she licked her chapped lips. Jimin noticed the blood stains on her clothes and snarled in distaste. "You don't look so great. How are you, mom?"

Mrs Park dropped the briefcase and entered the kitchen, hugging her baby boy. "I'm so tired, Mini. I heard Yani was here."

"Yes."

"Her mother is worried. We have to take her back." His mother looked at him pointedly albeit with a little compassion. "What happened? Why is she here?"

"I..." he hesitated, not knowing if he should tell her about the situation, "think it would be better if Yani told you."

Suddenly, another female voice entered the conversation. "Good Morning Mrs Park." Yani stood timidly outside the threshold dressed in one of Jimin's oversized hoodies. It came to just cover up her bum and strained at her hips. "Forgive me for the intrusion into your home."

Jimin smiled at her shyness, gesturing for her to come closer. "Don't apologize. It's your mom who's worried sick."

At the mention of her mother, Yani looked down in shame and started thinking about how things were at home.

"Let's talk later. I have to shower and get clean. It was a long night."

Mrs Park left the two teenagers alone, her son taking the chance to steal a kiss from the girl. He smiled at her, taking note of her brighter eyes and leading her to the garden. "Let's go have breakfast. I'm sure you're starving, babygirl. I wore you out last night."

"Jimin!" She slapped his chest and widened her eyes, feeling her cheeks heat up. "Your mom is here."

"And? Don't deny the truth."

"Whatever."

They sat at the cream, marble table, immediately placing food onto their plates -- or at least, Yani was. "I knew you were starving."

She threw a grape into her mouth and glared at him playfully before digging in to the actual food. "These pancakes are so good."

"Mhm. Pretty delicious." He said absent-mindedly, his eyes focusing on his girlfriend as she stuffed her cheeks and swallowed in gulps. Jimin smiled fondly at this behaviour, loving how comfortable she was around him. "You're amazing."

"I know I am," She replied with a full mouth and getting a cup of Chai latte to wash it all down.

"...that's a brave thing to say."

"Well, I'm not one to stay on the safe side of things, am I?"

Jimin's lip quirked up slightly, his heartbeat quickening at the bite in her tone. "You're just begging for punishment aren't you?"

She feigned innocence, shrugging her shoulders. "I don't know Jimin. Maybe I am."

"You know, as much as I hate your brother, I think you need to go back home."

"Excuse me?"

Jimin smirked in victory, knowing he had pushed her buttons. "You said you wanted punishment. There you have it. We're leaving after we've showered."

"No."

"What?"

"I can't go back there." Her eyes were glassy in an instant, the thought of returning to that place too much for her to bare.

Jimin recognised his mistake and started apologising profusely. "Baby, don't cry..." His thumbs wiped off the tears that managed to slip down her cheek and he gave her a peck on the lips. "I didn't mean it okay? You'll stay here with me, hm?"

Yani nodded, albeit defeatedly, and stood up, "I lost my appetite. I'm gonna go shower."

She left Jimin with a slightly open mouth, staring at her form getting smaller and smaller. "What the fuck did I just do?"

"You screwed up, that's what." Mrs Park came from behind him and took Yani's place on the table. She looked exhausted and in desperate need of substance before she passed out.

"Nice to see you clean."

As she dished up, she looked at her son with disappointment, "You need to apologise, Jimin." Her son nodded in acceptance. "She's feeling very sensitive right now so I think just take it slow okay?"

The man hummed in agreement to his mother. He had no idea what he could do. It wasn't his intention to hurt his girlfriend in that way; he was only teasing her. "I'll go now."

"Don't make it worse, Jimin."

"Of course, mother." He rolled his eyes as he went back into the house. His mind running with thoughts on how to make her forget, Jimin trekked up the staircase to his room, only to find that she wasn't there. "Where is she?"

He inquired the staff on her whereabouts but to no avail. After a full 10 minutes of searching his wing, Jimin decided to go further into the house. The other side was separated by the staircase and balcony, a section of the house only his parents actually used -- save for when he used to paint. But, she couldn't have...

As he walked down the hallway, he noticed an open door and immediately cursed himself for not putting a lock on it.

Yani was inside, sat at the chair in the middle of the room, staring at the unfinished mural that took up the space of the wall. She was still, admiring the art and not at all expecting Jimin's voice to sound from behind her.

"Yani..."

She jumped, looking over her shoulder to face the boy who made the beautiful piece. Her eyes were only slightly puffy but a tiny smile graced her face. "Hey..."

He returned it and stepped inside cautiously, going to place his hands on her exposed shoulder. "I didn't expect you to be here."

She looked down, playing with her fingers and sniffling once. Yani took in a deep breath and settled into Jimin's touch, "Neither did I. Did you paint it? Well," She looked at the unfinished product again, " half."

"Yeah."

"Why are you sad?"

Jimin took a long, hard look at the mural and felt a tear escape his eye. "I felt wrong."

"