27 ~ 스물일곱 ~

The next week, Jimin and Yani were back and better than ever. They were inseparable, sleeping over at each other's place and innocently indulging in each other's presence. It was a new feeling to Yani -- never had she felt this way before about anyone, and it was scaring her.

The same could be said for Jimin. The rich playboy had turned into an entirely different person from when they started dating and anyone could see it when they looked at him. But no one would ever forget his past, no matter how much he acted differently from the troublemaker he used to be.

2 years ago

"Hey, Jimi. You ready to leave these posers in the dust?" A skinny girl leaned over and rested on the edge of the car windowsill, trying to flirt with the best drag racer in town.

The atmosphere was filled with adrenaline. Young people were gathered at the start line, some alone and some in groups but you could best believe that they were all here for the same thing: to watch Park Jimin in action. Ages ranging from 16 to 30 were gathered and some young school girls were trying to score their own bad guy to protect them but they all knew better than that.

Jimin was only 4 months into the game but he had managed to make a name for himself ever since he joined the infamous gang, Eternal. They had several branches but everyone knew the 4 guys who headed it: Kim Namjoon, Jung Hoseok, Min Yoongi and the leader, Kim Seokjin. The last was a dangerous man who instigated fear whenever someone recognized him and he loved up to his name, however he seemed to have a softer heart when he first recruited Jimin.

The boy was in a bad space, and it took some time for him to open up, but once he did, Seokjin offered him a place where he belonged. What many didn't know about the Eternal was that the heads had all been through some type of incident that led them to their now strong brotherhood. With Jimin, refusing to kill people or sell drugs, Seokjin put him in the only place he thought would be fit for the kid, and he was spot on.

For the past 3 years, rival gangs of Busan would try to gain domination over the city but the Eternal were the most successful, with the most ties to authorities. Drag races were a huge part of determining who the top dogs were, and perfect time saw Park Jimin joining the squad right as Seokjin's best driver left for another gang.

What was the hype around these races? Only that the winner would gain control of the streets for the next quarter of the year and before the big tournament every 4th month, there were smaller heats in different districts.

After just a few weeks of training, Seokjin saw Jimin surpassing any of the previous racers they had ever had, and at his first meet, his prodigy won with 10 seconds to spare. Of course, his wins came with a status, hence why every time he would race, he would now have his own little gaggle of girls trying to get onto his good side. Exhibit A being the 1st whore of the night being at his window.

"Hey, I don't know who you are but unless you want me to run you over, you need to step away from my car." And with that Park Jimin revved up his engine, signaling that he was ready to go.

The track was lined with lights applied on the sides of the road earlier and the police were paid good money to ignore the noise that would ensue neighbourhoods on these nights. All the other racers revved in response to Jimin and the small boy smirked, knowing he had this in the bag.

Finally, a slim girl with long legs walked to the middle of the road and held up a white cloth. With the sound of the horn, she swung it down, and instantly the cars started going.

It was no surprise that Jimin won the race, earning the Eternal another 4 months running the streets, but Jimin's presence in the gang wouldn't last long...

Present day

"Jimin, how did you learn to drive so fast?" Yani inquired as she lay on his chest, drawing circles with her fingers on his skin.

The man sighed before caressing her arm, "I used to be in a gang, jagi."

She paused, "Used to?"

"Yes, baby, used to. I joined it right after her. Someone recruited me and it became my escape but it got to a point that wasnt good for me and funnily enough, right before I met you, I quit."

"And they didnt kill you for it? Like the movies?"

Jimin chuckled at Yani's naïvety. "No, they didn't. I developed a really strong bond with the head and he decided to let me live my life how I saw fit. Tae's still in the gang though. He really enjoys it."

"...if you're not in the gang anymore then why do you keep disappearing at random times for random calls?"

Her tone had shifted. Yani had been pondering about it for a while and it bothered her how he kept it a secret from her. Jimin sat up to face her and came face to face with her cold expression. He looked down, "I can't tell you."

"Why?" She snapped.

"Because, Yani, if I do, you'll have to do something I'm sure you don't want to."

"What the hell is so bad that you have to worry about what I'm gonna have to do? Jimin, don't you trust me? I want to know why you're being so secretive."

He thought about it for a moment before finally deciding to let you know. "Fine. The head of Eternal wants me back in the gang. If I don't go back, I'm gonna have to make a sacrifice..." he looked at her confused face, "Yani I'm gonna have to break up with you."

_____________________________
DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNN

So, um, hi... *runs and hides from her readers*
It has been a LONG time since I last updated this book for the purpose of a new chapter, I think it's been over a year in fact.

First of all, I'm so sorry. I didn't think many people liked this book until I saw its ranking in ambw and I was SHOOK and it let me know that people actually do enjoy my work.

2019 was such a rollercoaster for me and this story really was not a priority for me hence why I went on an indefinite hiatus. Aside from writer's block, I really didn't have the time to be working about playboy BUT now that I'm in uni and in quarantine, I've found it boring to read and I wanna get back to writing.

I really hope you enjoyed this chapter even though it was just a filler but this book IS coming to an end in the next few chapters. I'll be sure to add in some super steamy sex scenes between Yani and Jimin and who knows... maybe Tae will join in the fun too ;)

Stay faithful
The main woe💎