Divorce Lawyer in Love (Chapter 21) Extra

Arthit

He had never thought life would be this good. For the past few years, he had been quite happy. He and Kongpob had been married for five years. Yo was now a twelve-year-old boy, gone was the little five-year-old boy that Arthit had met years before. Both he and Kongpob wished that Yo would stop growing but it was inevitable. 

Over the years his friends continued to have children. Byul and Jae Ha had twins Badtz and Liz who were now six years old, Like Yo, Phana was now twelve. Then there was Ming and Kit with the Twins Chai and Suda who were seven. They had welcomed baby Smile a few years later choosing to adopt her after her mother died giving birth to her, she had been a single mother. Smile was also now six. Beam and Forth had also added a new addition to their family. Kyro was now seven, but six years ago, both Beam and Forth had decided to use a surrogate again, this time Beam would be the donor. Nine months later baby Tine was born into the world. 

For a long time, Arthit and Kongpob had both discussed having children. At the time, Arthit had not felt the need to have another child. While he would have loved to have a baby of his own especially after seeing his friends with children, he had always felt that children would come when it was needed. They would both know when the time was right for more children. Yo had always been enough for him. But, as the years went by he couldn't help but feel sad knowing that his little baby would eventually fully grow and leave their nest. 

Yo still asked for hugs from time to time but he had stopped crawling into their bed two years ago when he was ten and announced he was a grown-up. Arthit had been sad, Kongpob was too but his naughty husband told him that they could be less cautious and have fun together. That sweet man, Arthit loved his husband to death. 

In the years that they had been together, Arthit had learned so much. When he had first met the man, he had been broken. Rather than fix him Kongpob had embraced him for who he was and taught him how to get up on his own. He had taught him how to love, how to cry, how to laugh, he had given him a precious gift like Wayo. Arthit was more than blessed. He didn't really think he needed more. 

Were there times when things were hard? Of course. Mary coming back was one of them. But they had worked through it. Did they argue? Did they get angry at one another? Of course they did. They were human. They had a few fights here and there but nothing that they could not work out. They never went to sleep angry, they always talked things through. 

Years of struggle and pain in Arthit's own life was not fixed in a day or even that year that he was away. He continued with his therapy, even now he would have a few sessions when things felt overwhelming. Forgetting and forgiving his past was not easy. Thankfully his past was left behind. He would occasionally revisit it, briefly, when he would go visit Luna. It had taken him a long time to fully forgive Sirikit but he had. He did not visit the woman, it was too painful, he had briefly been contacted by Minerva, Knot's mother who had let him know that Knot had moved to China with her and her husband. He wasn't bothered by that man again but for the first couple of months, he had been so afraid. 

Kongpob had understood and been supportive. He had even offered to move from their home but Arthit refused. This was their place, where they had fallen in love and where they had been raising their son. Arthit had not wanted to move. 

Arthit was thankful that Kongpob was always sweet and understanding. Over the years their code of numbers still remaining. 1) Hold my hand, 2)Eskimo kiss, 3)Kiss my cheek, 4) Kiss me, 5)Hug me, 6) Love me, 7)I need you, 8)I love you, 9)I miss you, 10) All of the above.

There were days when Arthit just needed Kongpob to hug him. Days, where Kongpob was tired or he'd had a tough case and simply needed him too. These were things that they learned about one another after Arthit came back from Paris. Above it all, Arthit knew that Kongpob would never push him. He would never make him do anything he did not want even when they fought the handsome man never raised his voice at him, nor did he cuss or call him names. There was distance between them. After their first fight as a couple, Arthit had cried when he realized this.