An Alpha's Revenge (Part 17)

Kongpob

By the time Arthit had settled, he lay in his arms, tear-stained cheeks, hiccups, and occasional deep breaths. Kongpob could only blame himself. 

"Why can't I be happy? Don't I deserve happiness?" The question lingered in the cold night air for a moment. Hugging him tightly Kongpob nodded before he spoke. 

"Of course you do. More than anyone." Their eyes met and as Kongpob reached out to wipe Arthit's tear-stained cheeks a painful cry was heard. 

"Xia Yu Ping." Arthit spoke in alarm. He pushed himself away from Kongpob and rushed towards the screaming man who was lying in a small bed withering in pain. Kongpob would be lying if he did not feel a twinge in his chest of jealousy. 

"What's wrong with him?" Arthit questioned. Achara 

"His body will take longer to heal."

"Prince... Ai'Oon....Prince." Despite not calling Arthit's name. Deep down Kongpob knew that Xia Yu Ping was indeed calling Arthit. Tears continued to fall down Arthit's cheeks and when he took hold of Xia Yu Ping's hand Kongpob could only look away. 

"What can I do to help him?"

"Bind yourself to him. He needs strength." Kongpob froze upon hearing Achara's words. His heart tightened and as the tension in the air lingered he could only listen as he knew he could not stop Arthit from doing what he wished

"He is not my mate," Arthit whispered.

"Neither is the Prince."

"What about his mate?...."

"Xia Yu Ping is keen on you Prince Arthit, Is he not?" Seer Achara questioned. 

"Yes... but... what about his mate?"

"It would only be temporary Prince Arthit. Just until he is healed and ready. But I'm not-"

"It will do him good and yourself..." Kongob saw something flicker in Arthit's eyes before silently nodding. 

"Prince Kongpob. You have done your duty of bringing him here. Please leave." 

"But I..."

"Arthit must remain here for the night. I will prepare a ritual similar to the one I used with you."

"But..." The stars have agreed. So go.

***

To say that Kongpob was restless was an understatement.

"How could you let this happen?"

"I had no choice."

"You did. You could have dragged him home you could have-"

"I won't force Arthit to do anymore. We've done enough to him already."

"He's been gone for three days and three nights! What if they've bonded? What if he's chosen to fully mate with him? My Sunshine cannot-"

Kongpob refused to listen to Moon anymore and did his best to ignore him. However, his own doubts and dare he say jealousy were starting to pull on the edges of his heart. He was confused. Was he feeling guilty? Were these feelings truly jealousy? Perhaps he was only feeling protective. What about his mate? His true love Frame. 

"It's Prince Arthit. He's back." From outside his bedroom window, Kongpob can see Arthit coming back. His face is serene and Kongpob wants to go and ask what happened between the guard and his Prince. He stills when he sees Forth coming toward him.

"Arthit is not just any Omega. He is one that deserves to be loved. Even if that person is not us." Kongpob speaks back to Moon who grows quiet. 

"We do not deserve him..."

Arthit

The nights had been long. Xia Yu Ping had spent them feverish, delirious, and calling out to him. Achara had had him prepare herbs while drinking his own and while he'd waited for the bonding ceremony it never came. 

"Why did you lie?"

"Is this something you would want?" She questioned knowingly.

"He will find his mate. Just like Prince Kongpob I will only be a momentary thing that can easily be tossed aside."His heart ached as he spoke these words. Seer Achara took hold of his hands. 

"There will come a time when you will understand why you must live this way. I hope you can forgive those who have wronged you."

"Her." The word left his lips before he could calm himself down. 

"I don't know if she really is my mother. Or was. The mother I had then, and the mother I have now. No one has ever truly loved me..."

"Prince Arthit I can assure you that The Moon Goddess."

"Was selfish. I am being punished for her sins. I don't want to be her child. I might not have been born from her loins as I was back then as you assure but she has cursed me again. I am motherless and mateless. Even if this life is lived 1000 times over I could never forgive her." A groan left Xia Yu Ping's lips and Arthit went to his side. 

"Prince Arthit..."

"You will be okay." A scream of pain left his lips as Xia Yu Ping cried out a gust of dark mist left his lips as it did so it raced towards Arthit. Afraid, Arthit remained frozen. 

"You shall not touch him again." Seer Achara stood in front of him a white orb surrounding her which abruptly sent the mist up in the air where it evaporated but not before there was a scream of pain in the air so loud Arthit covered his ears. 

"What was that?" Arthit questioned. 

"Acheron." 

Thank you guys for reading. I really wish this chapter was longer but I have said all I wanted to say in this chapter. The next chapter will be a lot lighter.