An Alpha's Revenge (Part 15)

Arthit

When morning arrived. Arthit had not slept a wink. He had stayed the entire night taking care of Xia Yu Ping. By morning, he realized that if they had not been found by those rogue wolves, more than likely they were safe. Xi Yu Ping's fever had gradually gone down and despite the pain that he himself was in, he was able to endure it. Thankfully the wounds that Xia Yu Ping had seemed to be healing. Very slowly, but it was not something that would kill him. Still, it was impossible for them to go back still. Despite the bleeding stopping, Arthit was afraid to move the man. 

"Prince Arthit?" Offering a smile to the other man Arthit spoke. 

"I am here."

"We need to move. We should not stay in one place for too long. You shouldn't."

"I am not leaving you behind," Arthit repeated. 

"I am injured. I cannot walk. You must think about yourself. I am someone that can easily be replaced and discarded you-"

"I was the replacement. Someone else will take my place." 

"You should not think that way Prince Arthit. Especially when the Prince has been going crazy looking for you." For a moment Arthit was startled. He had not noticed anyone coming in but felt relief when he saw both Aim and Wad. 

"How are you Prince Arthit?" Wad spoke in concern upon seeing his wounded shoulder.

"I'm fine but Xia Yu Ping."

"I'll carry him back Wad. You bring Arthit back with you." Wad nodded. 

"Prince Kongpob." Arthit began. 

"He is fine. He is worried, angry, and stubborn." Wad spoke. Arthit looked down blaming himself again and feeling weak. 

"If you look for sympathy from me you won't get it," Wad spoke firmly.

"I am like you. An Omega. But unlike you, I have chosen to grow stronger. Will you not start doing the same?" The question lingered in the air for a moment before Wad shifted into his wolf form and lowered himself in order to help him onto his back. Maybe it was guilt, shame, or the fact that he had spent the past night filled with terror not only for himself but for his guard that he finally felt so exhausted. As he was being taken back to the castle he could not help but allow sleep to take him. His body at this point had finally had enough and as he closed his eyes he was drowned in both uncertainty and pain. 

Kongpob

He could not reach the sick wing fast enough. Behind him was a trail of people that loved Arthit, Byul, Kit, Beam, Rome, and even that stupid Forth was almost as fast as he was. When he arrived at the sick wing the first person he saw was Xia Yu Ping. It was clear that he had fought as hard as he possibly could yet it confused Kongpob when he realized that the man was not healing. That in itself worried him. Despite that, his main concern was Arthit. 

"Arthit." He had not realized he was shouting as loudly as he was but it caused everyone to look at him. A small body sat up from the cot behind Xia Yu Pings and pulled the curtain aside. Kongpob saw both his mother and father standing there with Arthit but at the moment Kongpob did not care. There was this feeling inside his chest that he could not rid himself of. There was an urgency that filled his heart and body. Arthit was covered in blood, there was a wound on his arm as well. His eyes had dark circles under them, it seemed as though from the previous day to now he had lost a considerable amount of weight.

"Prince Kong-" Relief. Kongpob felt such relief once Arthit was in his arms. A whimper left Arthit's lips and Kongpob immediately apologized. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. How..." For a moment he froze when Arthit reached his small hand to caress his cheek there was confusion in those chocolate orbs as he spoke.