An Alpha's Revenge (Part 16)

Kongpob

He wakes up before dawn. Arthit is snuggled close to him with an arm thrown around him and his head on Kongpob's shoulder. Unable to stop himself Kongpob reached out his hand to run his fingers through Arthit's silky dark hair. He looked so peaceful. 

"This is all our fault." Kongpob says to Moon. 

"I know... It's always our fault..." Sadness lingers in the air between both of them. 

"We should have never dragged him here... and forced him to come to us..." 

"I don't regret it anymore."

"I thought you were against it?" Kongpob questioned Moon. 

"I was. But leaving him with them... that would have been the worst thing. That I don't  regret it for a second." Arthit's face was so angelic. He was so innocent, it was hard for Kongpob to believe that he was real. Yet, there was a sadness in having such an angel in their presence. He felt otherworldly. Kongpob was afraid. Arthit was in danger of being taken away. Someone like Arthit didn't deserve what life he'd lived so far. 

Arthit's eyes began to flutter open and when they did they looked back at Kongpob with a look of innocence. A thought came to him then as he looked at the Omega's soft lips. What if he kissed him? The idea came as fast as it went and Kongpob chalked it up to Moon desiring the Omega. He did not want to admit that the voice inside his head was not Moon's but his own inner voice wanting and wishing. At this point this was not what Arthit wanted nor needed from him. 

"Not that he would ever give me a chance." That thought in itself brought a strange feeling to his heart that he did not want to describe or think about.

"Is something wrong?" Came Arthit's soft voice as he looked back at him in question. He was still in his arms and it seemed as though Arthit was yet to become aware as he was still quite sleepy. The moment he did however a soft hue spread across his cheeks and he seemed to want to stand.

"How are you feeling?" Kongpob questioned. 

"Sore," Arthit answered after a few minutes. Kongpob smiled.

"That's good. It means that the herbs have worked." Curiously Arthit removed the herbs that were wrapped around his shoulder and gasped as he realized that not only had his wound healed overnight but the scar was gone. He began removing more and more along his arms and old scars were fading.

"Because they weren't open wounds the scars will take longer to disappear. Each night I will do this for you until-"

"There's no need." Arthit quickly spoke up. 

"They're ugly scars... but no one will see them." Arthit's voice had gone quiet. 

"But you don't like them. You see them." Arthit was quiet for a moment. There was a knock on the door and Arthit blushed realizing that his back was the only thing covered. Kongpob felt his own cheeks redden and he quickly looked away trying to ignore the sight of the porcelain skin of the Omega. 

Another knock was heard and Arthit quickly covered his body with the silk sheets as it opened. 

"Mother!" Kongpob spoke up. The Queen for a moment was surprised but she smiled. 

"You've used the leaves."  She walked over to Arthit and then touched his forehead. 

"How are you feeling? No fever?" His mother then turned to look at him. 

"Xia Yu Ping isn't getting any better. His fever's not leaving and even with the herbs he's healing quite slowly."

"Is he going to be okay?" Arthit questioned. Despite how grateful Kongpob was to the other man he could not help the anger that surged through him the moment Arthit seemed concerned for him.