Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 2)

*Warning before you read this chapter it contains suicidal thoughts and themes of depression, abuse and some mental health issues in general.*

Arthit

"Don't look at anyone."

"Don't talk to anyone." Every single time Arthit would walk into Knots lawfirm, his feet would shake, his heart would race in fear and it was as though he was walking with a hand to his throat.  

At first, he'd tried to blend in, hoping he would be unseen, then he'd tried avoiding them. But each time, because he was Knot's husband he would be approached. And as always Knot would yell and scold and would make him feel like nothing and continued to destroy his person. 

His strategy as what people called the "Ice Queen" helped him. People would not look at him and pretend as though he had not walked into the firm. He was obligated to cook for Knot. It was part of their contract as husband and husband. He was only ever thankful that the humiliation he had to put up with at home stayed at home and away from the scrutinizing eyes of everyone else. 

He clutched tightly on to the lunch box that he had with him and tried to remember to breathe and keep his facade until he managed to get to Knot's door. He knocked first. This time he had not come at the usual hour where Knot reserved exclusively for him. Instead, Knot had requested him to drop off dinner and skip lunch. When he walked in and found the office empty he sat on the couch that was inside the office after he placed the lunch box on Knots desk and waited for him.

Experience had taught him many things. One was that he should stay in the office. Two, he should never seek Knot out. Third and the most important one was to never leave or move without Knot giving him permission to do so. 

The more time passed, the harder it was for him to breathe. He was terrified of the man but he had nowhere else to go. When Knot walked in despite how calmly he did it, the minute he pulled at his tie Arthit's entire body went rigid, knowing well that he had most likely done something wrong in the eyes of that man. 

"Can't you do anything right?" Knot snaps, his voice is always low for Arthit only to hear.  Even so, there is anger and his tone is threatening as he speaks.

"If May makes another comment about you I swear I'll" Knot grabs his arm harshly causing Arthit to feel pain. Even so, he holds in his whimper by biting the inside of his lip until he draws blood. Tears are threatening to fall from his eyes. 

"You're here because you stole her rightful place. Don't forget that if I throw you away no one will want a useless thing like you. Understand?" He falls to the floor with how harshly Knot lets go of him. He keeps his head down and does not look up. Knot ignores him and goes to his desk. 

"My lunch."

"Right away..." He manages to say before gathering himself up. He knows that he is to keep his head down as he takes out the contents of the lunchbox and places it in front of Knot for him to eat. 

"Nam Nuang"  (Pork noodle rice paper parcels)