An Alpha's Revenge (Part 11)

Arthit

That night a week ago had been so foggy. He was in and out in between his bouts of severe pain for the most part. Of course, what could he possibly expect? Life truly was cruel to him. He remembered bits and pieces of what Achara had said that night. It had taken him 3 days to fully recover. He was brewed the special tea every day and before every meal, he would need to drink it. Despite feeling much better on the third day he was not allowed to leave his room. 

It seemed like the King and Queen were very much concerned for him. Kongpob hadn't come to visit him. Arthit didn't know how to feel about this fact. For the most part, everyone else came to see him. Including the King. The Queen usually had lunch with him. Beam, Rome, Kit, and Byul were under orders to let him rest but joined him for breakfast and dinners. It was very brief, no longer than their mealtime before a knock on the door told them it was time to go.

It further seemed to wilt his spirits. He was like a flower that was slowly dying a painful and very slow death. One by one the petals were not falling but being pulled off him. There was a knock on the door; it was nighttime. Smiling Arthit was glad to see Xia Yu Ping. Despite the fact that he had been trapped in that room the other man would often drop by to bring books or paper for Arthit to sketch. 

Time seemed to pass by faster that way. And more times than not, the man would stay and chat with him. Arthit asked about his travels as the man seemed to have been in and out of Suthiluck Clan. He often spoke about Jaturapoom land as one of the nicest places to live and how peaceful it was. Arthit hoped one day he would be able to see it. 

"You brought her to me." The other man offered a smile to him as he brought Cloud to him. The cute little sheep called out to him and Arthit could only rush to hug her. 

"I missed you." He hugged tightly onto the small sheep that always offered love and warmth to him. Cloud as always took to him with so much excitement as though he was he favorite person in the world. There was no one as honest and pure in her affection to him than her. She was the only one that he truly believed loved him wholeheartedly and with no reservations. She did not care that he was a wolf, a man, an omega. They were both simply kind and loving to one another. That was it. 

"How did you sneak her past the guards in the front. I don't think the King or Queen would be happy about having her inside the castle." Xia Yu Ping only smiled at him. 

"Thank you for this. I am glad I can have her here." Cloud began to lick at his ear causing Arthit to laugh softly at her.

"I missed you too girl." 

"It will only be for a while Prince Arthit. She needs to be outside in her barn." Arthit nodded in understanding yet he could not help but feel disappointed. Even so, he would take what he could get. 

"Can you bring me some carrots? I'd like to give her a treat."

"I have some apples." Arthit noticed then that the guard had been carrying a small satchel. Smiling and thanking the other man he simply gave an apple to his sheep. While petting her tears began to well up in his eyes. A melancholic feeling settled in his heart. 

"Xia Yu Ping..." When the guard turned to look at him, Arthit continued. 

"Can you promise to look after her once I'm gone?"

"Nothing will happen to you. You are being given medicine." Arthit smiled bitterly. 

"This brew only helps ease the pain. I feel better but there is an ache here." He places a hand to his chest gently. 

"It's like a very small pinch from time to time. It never lets me forget. No one will care for her... but I want someone to at least tend to her from time to time. She's still quite young. I've seen a few children run around and play with her. She enjoys that... I want her to be happy even when I'm not here."