An Alpha's Revenge (Part 10)

Arthit

The Queen had called him to her personal quarters. More often than not, they two would sit together after his studies and have some tea. He was having trouble sleeping lately and she would have Beam, Kit, or Rome, brew him some Valerian Root in order to help him sleep. 

"Arthit." The Queen spoke first.

"I know that you don't want to see my son. You're well within your right to do that and I don't disagree with the way you spoke to him. He is a Prince but you are now his partner. You can speak to him how you wish especially if he's mistreating you. I'm ashamed to say that it's my husband's fault and my own. We always spoiled him too much and let him get his way because he was always a bright child. Kongpob has always been a bit cold and more than a little impulsive but never like this. I'm sorry for everything he's done to you."

"You don't have to apologize to me Queen Suthiluck." The Queen offers him a sad smile.

"Someone has to Arthit. My husband and I will continue to do so until that prideful child of ours learns how to properly do so." 

"Queen I-" The Queen shakes her head.

"Don't feel guilty about anything Arthit. You did great. I'm proud of you for standing up for yourself." 

"But... there's something I need you to do. Not for anyone but yourself." 

"I don't"

"We have a seer. Her name is Achara. She has been in our clans for years." Arthit remembered the woman that had performed the bonding ceremony for him and Kongpob that night. 

"Kongpob told us about what Moon said. Sunshine. Arthit. Can you really not feel your wolf?" Arthit shakes his head.

"From what I know I was born without my wolf." 

"Kongpob's wolf can sense it and Seer Achara herself says that your wolf is there. Dormant."

"Dormant?"

"I'd like for you to see her. She's requested that both you and Kongpob go. I think it's important that you do this. Had it been anyone else I would have refused. I wanted more than anything to accompany you for this but Seer Achara knows what is best. And if she feels only the two of you need to go that is what will happen. You'll be safe so long as Kongpob is with you and it might not seem that way given all that's happened between the two of you but he won't hurt you I can guarantee that Arthit." 

"He already has." Arthit thinks to himself. 

Arthit is preparing some fresh pears for Cloud. He knows that at one point in time he has to face Kongpob. Tonight is the night that they have to go to Seer Achara. He's admittedly a little afraid to confront the Prince again after he blew up at him. Even so, he figured he should face him.

Xia Yu Ping is with him as he walks towards the barn where the horses and Cloud are. He goes earlier and can see Kongpob running around chasing after Cloud. Arthit smiles at Cloud.

"Cloud. Come here girl!" Cloud pushes past Kongpob and runs towards Arthit and Xia Yu Ping. Arthit smiles leaning down to her level.

"I hate a treat for you." Before he can give her the pear Kongpob snatches it away.

"Help me. Please." The desperation in his eyes makes Arthit want to laugh. He can tell that Kongpob is frustrated.

"Okay." Arthit complies to Kongpob who gives him a thankful look. It's the first time ever that the Prince had ever looked so docile.