Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 4)

Arthit

"You'll be okay. You're safe." These were the words that Ming had constantly repeated to him as he kissed him and held him tightly in his arms. It was the only warmth and sincere love that Arthit had felt in over five years. Ming was his best friend, he was like a brother to him and seeing him made Arthit realize his nightmare was almost over. 

When he saw Ming across the street at first, he wasn't sure that he he was seeing his friend after such a long time. It felt unreal, like a dream; he'd had many of those before. Every single time he woke up and realized he was still stuck in that hellish nightmare and it made him want to die. 

Ming's hold on his hand remained as they made their way to the cafe across the street from the museum. He was aware that Jae Ha was following behind them. He wanted to thank the man but he feared that if he turned around or let go of Ming then he would somehow wake up from this very nice dream. He looked at his friend Ming. He was as he remembered tall, lanky, with a mischievous look on his face, yet now there was a level of maturity that Arhit could see. Ming was still very handsome, with flawless porcelain-like skin, a sharp nose, and jawline and he still dressed as though he was walking the runway. 

"I missed you." Arthit spoke to his friend who stopped to look at him while shedding more tears.

"I missed you too." Ming whispered before embracing him tightly in his arms.

"How's P'Kit."

"My kitty is good. But that's not important right now Ai'Oon." Ming whispered.

"P'Kit not important to you right now? I really am a mess aren't I?" Arthit tried to joke but he couldn't hide the pain in his expression or his voice.

"You're not... we're just... a bit late but not enough where it's not fixable." Arthit gasped as he heard Byul's voice from behind him. There was a little boy holding her hand as tears fell from Byul's eyes. She was still as beautiful as he remembered, with chestnut-colored hair, flawless glowing skin, eyes so bright and pure like an emerald, and when she smiled at him through his tears and moved towards him, it was only then that Ming let him go so he could go to Byul too. 

They hugged so tightly but yet for the first time in a long time Arthit felt as though he could breathe.

"Ai'Oon..." Tears fell from his eyes as he hugged Byul who then place a kiss to his lips. Just like Ming had done, Byul gently caressed his face and tried wiping away his tears. He too did the same not believing that she was standing in front of him. She kissed his cheeks and then held him tightly to her again both of them sobbing and when Ming joined their hug Arthit fell apart completely.

For the first time in five years, he felt safe, at home and as though he could breathe. 

"Uncle Jae Ha?... Who is this mister and why is he hugging Uncle Ming and Aunt Byul? Why did they kiss? Aren't you Aunt Byul's boyfriend. " Arthit looked at the little boy who was looking at him inquisitively as Jae Ha picked him up in his arms. 

"He's Auntie and Uncles friend. Come on let's all head to our table." Jae Ha spoke gently. Byul smiled and nodded before both she and Ming took his hand and led him to a small table in the back. Jae Ha ordered for them and as they waited the little boy sat on Jae Ha's lap and was handed some headphones and a phone in order to not have him hear their conversation.

"This is Pha. He's Jae Ha's adopted son and mine," Byul whispered. Arthit was surprised but he smiled at his friend. He was sure there was much more to this story and silently Byul nodded as if telling him she would tell him one day.