Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 3)

Kongpob

"Por! Yo wants pink milk!" Kongpob was trying his best to get himself and Yo ready for their day as it would be a busy one. He had been going to court for the past couple of days for a custody and divorce case. It was important for him to be on time. 

"Por!" There was a ring at the door and Kongpob went to go get it while Yo clung to his leg and begged for pink milk. Because he had to get up earlier than usual Yo was a little cranky. It had taken Kongpob twice as long to get him to take a bath that morning.

When Kongpob opened the door he simply thanked the delivery guy who had their breakfast, gave him a tip, and closed the door.

"Por!" Yo whined. Sighing Kongpob picked him up in his arms and Yo giggled.

"We're having pancakes for breakfast." Kongpob told him. Yo nodded happily.

"Tomorrow Yo wants to have congee for breakfast!" Yo announced. Kongpob nodded ruffling his son's head. Yo giggled and when Kongpob put him down and plated his breakfast, there was the biggest frown on Yo's face. 

"Por. Where is my strawberry jam?" Kongpob frowned as he looked at the small package on Yo's plate. There were only honey packets and one single grape jelly packet. He remembered specifically asking for strawberry as Yo would prefer jam to syrup or honey. 

"I'm sorry Yo. I think they forgot to place it in the order." Kongpob knew that Yo would throw a fit the second his bottom lip started to quiver. 

"Yo... try to eat the grape jelly. It's just as good."

"No! Yo hates grape jelly! Yo won't eat until Por gets him his strawberry jam!"

"I'm sorry Yo but we're out of strawberry jam if you don't want the pancakes then you don't have to eat them." Yo began to cry and Kongpob sighed and picked his son up in his arms. Yo cried on his shirt and after a few moments of rubbing his back and calming him down after some pink milk Yo was calm.

"Daddy... Yo is very tired...Sorry Daddy. Yo is cranky... Yo needs a nap..." Yo whispered to him. Kongpob chuckled and nodded.

"I know. Daddy is sorry for waking you up so early."

"Yo really wanted strawberry Jam...."

"I know. I'm sorry buddy. But you have to at least eat something. I don't want you going to school on an empty stomach." Kongpob said to him. 

"Yo will eat the eggs and bacon..." Yo whispered. Kongpob smiled at Yo rubbing his back gently.

"I'll pass by the grocery store and get you some strawberry jam." Yo nodded and when the doorbell rang he put Yo down so he could eat and went to open the door.

"Hello dear." His mother spoke with a smile.

"Mom... why are you here."

"Yo mentioned he would need to get up early for school today... I thought I would come by and help you with him since he tends to be grumpy if he doesn't sleep his hours." 

"Thanks... but I was going to drop him off early... there's someone who stays with the kids early in the morning until it opens."

"It's winter Kongpob. Yo will catch a cold. You gave him a bath this morning didn't you?" His mother asked and when he nodded she shook her head with a smile.

"If you bathe him in the night it would be better for him... You know, You could have left him with us for the night. We wouldn't have minded."

"I know... but I would have," Kongpob spoke honestly. He never wanted to repeat the mistakes he had committed before.