December Special 2-6

Arthit

"How was your night?" Arthit questioned Kongpob. The past couple of months had been very hectic with his busy work schedule and Kongpob's exams for the semester about to start they were both scrambling to try and talk at least once a week if that.

Sure they sent the occasional text message or voice message from time to time but it wasn't the same as having an actual face-to-face conversation. Arthit had made time with Kongpob today. He was determined to do so and it seemed like the other man was missing him just as much because he too had made time for him when he should have been studying. They agreed that it would only be a fifteen if not thirty-minute call. It was quite short compared to how often they would talk to one another when they were both in the same room. 

"I still have a lot to do. Exams can be pretty stressful. But we'll be given a short break to relax so I have two days to relax."

"I'm sorry for being so-"

"No. Not seeing you or hearing you is making this harder for me. I want to come back soon. I wish I could go back for Christmas and New Year but we still have classes here."

Arthit bit the inside of his cheek. He tried not to cry and be strong but he really missed him. He wanted to put on a brave face for him. 

"Oon. Please don't cry sweetheart." Arthit had not realized tears had started falling down his cheeks and he quickly sniffled and wiped away his tears in a hurry. It took him a moment to realize what the other man had called him.

"Don't call me sweetheart." Arthit has snapped. The other man laughed wholeheartedly. His eyes seemed to light up as he looked at Arthit. 

"You are so cute P'Arthit. It's one of the reasons I love you so much." Arthit blushed and despite his shyness, he whispered an "I love you" back to Kongpob.

"So how has work been?" Kongpob questioned. 

"Good. I've been assigned to a new project with a Korean company. We'll be working together and having Byul on board is really great for communication. Sometimes there's a bit of a language barrier." Arthit spoke. 

"Byul... The blonde again." Arthit found himself smiling. Kongpob wasn't very good at hiding his jealousy though he was always very gentle in his approach to asking questions his feelings were always made clear.  

"Yes. Her boyfriend is in the other company. They had some sort of misunderstanding which prompted her to move from Korea to Thailand."

"Oh." Visibly he could see Kongpob relax and he smiled. 

"Are you jealous?" He questioned with a smirk.

"No."

"Good because you don't have to be."

"But you wanted to leave." Silence lingered between them and despite briefly discussing it when Kongpob had left they had not talked about it since. 

"Because I did not want to get hurt. I wanted to end things on a good note between us so that if you changed your mind or perhaps found someone new you wouldn't feel guilty. It was never about me not loving you.  It was a fear I had of you no longer loving me."

"That's never going to happen. Even when we're apart like this I love you more and more every single day P'. The sun and Moon belong together." Arthit smiles and for a moment he imagines that Kongpob is sitting right beside him as they speak. He wants to hug the other man, smell his scent of cologne and coffee. Despite the bitter taste of the drink, Arthit loves it on Kongpob's lips. There was so much longing that he felt. He wished he could make time go quicker. But he knew he had to be patient.