Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 6)

Kongpob

He tried his best to stay calm it was important that he act as though everything was alright. He should not show his anger and hatred toward Knot so openly. At least, not yet anyway. It had been two weeks since the robbery of the gallery. Since then, the media had a complete frenzy. 

Police were still on the hunt for the culprits that had gotten away but not before taking two hostages with them. As far as anyone knew there had been two. One was Moowan, Knot's assistant who had been taken as those men had made their way out. The other was Arthit, whom people suspected had been taken from the back by the other three men. There had been blood from those men, Knot, Jae Ha, and even Arthit. 

Kongpob checked his phone and sent a message to his son.

I'll be home late again today. You can have dinner without me.

A couple seconds later he received a text back.

It's okay. We'll wait for you.

Kongpob didn't know why but he found himself smiling. He was in front of Knot's hospital room door but as he thought about what happened two weeks ago and everything he witnessed his anger continued to increase...

Kongpob had arrived at the gallery with Moowan. They were not each other's date but Moowan had asked if she could come along with him as she had been a fan of the arts. Kongpob had agreed because of that and because both of them had agreed that this was not a date, simply to co-workers going to appreciate art. 

As soon as they had arrived, Moowan had detached herself from him and had immediately gone to look at the artwork. Kongpob had seen Knott immediately, he was talking to a man Mr. Songkarn.  He was well known in the business world. He came from old money and was heir to a larger oil fortune. He was known for investing in many businesses. It was no secret to Kongpob that Knott wanted to venture out like his own father and invest in lands. 

Knott was already doing that and all his business endeavors had been quite fruitful. Kongpob's real passion was law. His father had wanted him to take over his own business as he had his own company. Unfortunately, Kongpob had never really wanted to take over for his father. When he was younger, it had led to a lot of fights. Eventually, his father understood that Kongpob would never run the company. 

Thankfully, his younger sister Ema had been more than willing to take over for him. She had been the one to take the reigns and run the company. Her husband Porche, was a veterinarian. The two were quite happy together as they had only recently married. His sister Boonsri was a musician and alongside her husband a Kob Sook the two toured the world as conductor and pianist.  

In the past, his sisters had been so concerned for him but like his parents, neither of his sisters were able to snap sense back into him. Not like his son had done. Family was everything to him and he could have not come back without his family's support after that incident with Yo. A spouse counted as that as well. While looking at his friend talking so casually to the other man who had a woman on his arm and Knot himself had Arthit. Kongpob felt his fist tighten. 

The beautiful man was much more than "Arm candy". To be treated as such whether it be a man or a woman was degrading. Kongpob had never noticed how sad Arthit's eyes truly looked. Maybe because he never had that chance before. 

He needed to control his own anger and eventually when Arthit was dismissed along with the woman with Songkarn, he approached Knott and the other man giving a polite wai to the older man.

"Kongpob." Knot spoke with a smile. While looking at him part of Kongpob could not truly believe that his friend would ever be capable to hurt another person. He had never shown any signs of being aggressive. But people changed...