Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 9)

Arthit

Mornings for Arthit in the Suthiluck household were always eventful. Yo would always go into his room and snuggle with him in the mornings. At first, Arthit had not known how to react. But the small child would always come into his room with his Pororo plushie and proceed to hug him saying he was still sleepy. On weekends Arthit would let Yo sleep in while he got up to make breakfast. Other times, he would continue to sleep until Kongpob would knock on the door and then walk in to wake Yo up so that he could go to school.

Today was not so different. It was Saturday Morning and Kongpob had run to the office. He had told Arthit that Beam would stop by simply to keep him company. That morning, Arthit had gotten up early wanting Kongpob to at least have a green juice before work. 

The man always worked too hard and Arthit did feel bad that he continued to use Kongpob's bedroom. Kongpob had thanked him for that morning as he drank the green juice; as he always did, and then he proceeded to leave. 

Arthit had gone back to bed where Yo was already waiting for him and the two had slept until ten am and then Arthit had made himself and Yo a very light breakfast. By the time Beam was knocking on the door the two had already gotten ready for their day. 

"How have you been Arthit?" Beam questioned. The two were in the livingroom having some tea while Yo played in his room for a while. 

"I've been okay."

"And Kongpob. Is he treating you nice?"

"He's a good man."

"I know he is," Beam spoke with a smile. The way in which Beam said this somehow made Arthit's stomach churn. What was that feeling? What relationship did Kongpob and Beam really have?

"Have you thought about what you're going to do once all of this is over? You can't stay with them forever." Arthit knew that Beam was the type of person that was blunt. He didn't beat around the bush which was why he wasn't surprised at his question. Yet, that question caused him to feel afraid. There was a feeling in his heart that caused him to feel as though he could not breathe. He was quiet for a moment unaware that Beam was intently looking at him.

"You've grown attached, haven't you?" Beam spoke.

"Yes... Yo was my student and I have to admit part of me wishes...." Arthit appeased, yet he was unsure for who that was for.

"You can still have that. One day, you can have a family of your own. But you have to have courage Arthit. Kongpob will tell you that you can run away. But I won't tell you that because I believe that you need to stand up to that bastard Knot."

"I can't do that... I don't feel like I can..." Arthit spoke up unable to hide the fear he still had at the mention of that man.

"Don't you want your freedom? Even if you are away from him and you run away to never see him again. You'll always be attached to him because you're still married. Don't you see it? If you don't get a divorce you can't start again Arthit. Knot should pay for what he did to you."

"I know..." Arthit whispered.

"But I'm still so afraid." He admitted to Beam.

"Listen to me," Beam spoke taking his hand in his.

"My mother spent her life alongside a man who drank himself to death and beat her black and blue. She was unable to leave because she was so blinded by love. In the end, that blind love helped kill her.  But you have already taken that first step Arthit. I understand that what you need is time so take it and get stronger." Beam said to him. 

"Thank you," Arthit told him. He knew that Beam's words were not meant to be forceful but to show his support. He reminded him a little of Kit. Ming's fiance.