CH 25

The next day …

I can't honestly say that I was excited to see Keisha, but I have to be open to it, right? I mean she is Amarion's grandmother, technically the only grandparent he has alive. I know to him my aunt is a grandmother, and although he calls her granny, I have told him she's actually his aunt. She doesn't mind being called his granny and neither do, so we just let him say it.

I decided to clean up a little after cleaning the kitchen and living room. I couldn't sleep so I woke up Amarion and Ja'Zyion with a ambush, lets just say after our nerf gun fight at 6am, my poor living room was a hot ass mess but we had a blast, after I cooked breakfast we ate and then all crashed. Once I finished cleaning up I went upstairs to shower and pulled out something for me to wear for the day and a second outfit for later tonight on my way to work. I decided to put on a white Polo v-neck, a pair of shorts, and a pair of knee high black socks with two white stripes at the top. I headed to Amarion's room to pick him out a matching outfit. I'm happy he wasn't in here cause I dropped like six shoe boxes. Ja'Zyion didn't out away the stuff he bought him, I see. I pulled out Amarion a pair of blue True Religion jeans with rips in them, a white and black TR v-neck, his white timbs, and his favorite gold chain. After ironing his clothes I laid them across my bed and went to go wake them up. I bathed Amarion and let him put on his own lotion and clothes. I sent him to his bedroom to watch tv while I cooked lunch for us and Keisha. I decided to make fried chicken, with baked chicken for later tonight, 4 layer baked macaroni cheese with six different cheeses, baked beans with bacon pieces in it, homemade collard greens with okra and hamhock, homemade sweet cornbread, and finally some banana pubbing, since it's by baby Mari's favorite.

Once I was all done Ja'Zyion extra hungry ass came down and grabbed a piece of chicken like I said it was okay. "I made y'all some baked chicken for later on tonight" I told him laughing at the way he slick moaned while eating the chicken. I swear his love for food is straight up hilarious. Just as he was about to respond I heard my doorbell ring and a knock on my door. "I got it" he said walking out of the kitchen to the foyer to answer the door. I heard them talking a little bit and I sent up a quick little prayer that today's little meet and greet went way better than the last one. "Hey, I apologize I am a little bit late, I was waiting for Kennard to come back with my car." She said trying to explain herself, which I wasn't even tripping about her being late.

"Oh, no need, you're good. I didn't even realize what time it was, I literally just finished cooking lunch for everybody. We all got up and had a nerf gun war early this morning and after breakfast just crash. So we all are just recently actually waking up fully." I told her hugging her back since she gave me one. I wasn't going to be rude, I don't have a real reason to, like I've said before, my issue is with Kennard not Keisha.

After I explained everything to Keisha from beginning to end she finally understood me reasons for being the way that I am. She apologized on behalf of Kennard but I told her I appreciate it, but wouldn't accept it, only because it's his job to apologize, not her, he's a full blow "supposed" to me man. She said she understood and would try talking to him. I told her I was against it. Nobody should have to talk to him to make him want to be apart of his child's life. He should want to be around and watch his first born grow up. He shouldn't want to miss his first "A" on a project, his first scrapped knee, his first sleepless night, his first kiss, when he asks about sex, his first date, his first girlfriend, everything. Nothing I take for granted. Every experience I have with my child brightens up my day, no matter how big or small.

She didn't tell me how many children Kennard has, but I know there's definitely a few more, which is sad.

I'm happy that I put aside my own personal issues and was adult enough to allow Keisha to come over today. Amarion seems to like her and I can tell that she's already in love with him. I can already see them forming a nice bond with one another. I wish he could have a bond with his father as well, but some things just aren't meant to be. I will not follow behind Kennard, kiss his ass, nor beg him to spend time with Mari. If that is what he's waiting for then he sadly has me fucked up. If he don't wanna be in my baby's life, then that's his lost, not Amarion's.