CH 14

Azure’s POV

Once I pulled up to Karleyna’s I texted her and let her know I was outside, I already had the twins booster seats on my car. I see her front door open and the kid’s screaming. “Hey auntie Azure” the yell attacking me as I got out the car to hug them. “Hey my babies” I said kneeling down to kiss them both on the cheek and give them a hug. She opens the door and they both get in a buckle themselves in just as Karleyna makes it to the car with their overnight bags. “Hey boo!” She says getting in the passenger seat passing Azure money. “What’s that for?” Azure asked putting her car into drive. “For picking us up” she said trying to put the money in Azure cup holder.

“Girl spend that money on my babies, I don’t mind doing nothing for y’all and if the tables were turned I know for sure you’d do the same thing for me.” I told her as she laughed and put the money inside her wallet. She know damn well I wasn’t about to take no money from her, I don’t even know why she tried that with me. We dropped the kids off at the babysitter’s house and then rap and sung to every single song that came on the radio laughing. We were extra early so we decided to stop by the wing spot and get us a plate before heading into work. And like usual we’d go to iHop as soon as we got off work. We always called in our order before we clocked out so all we had to do was walk in and pay and head home. “Girl you will not believe she had the audacity to have a stank ass attitude with me because I didn’t give Amarion Kennard’s last name. Fuck she thought this was. My son is three, Kennard hasn’t seen him in two years, and this was her first time seeing him. I feel like they aint did shit for my child so what the hell make her think she had the right to question anything I did or even have a fucking opinion.” I said getting mad all over again. “Girl don’t sweat her, nobody cares about how she feels or what she nor Kennard think.

They don’t have room to say anything because you been talking care of Mari since day one. True you had momma LeLe for support but shit you a single parent, you pay the bills, and you deal with the scrapes and bruises. Kennard or Keisha aint changed not one shitty ass diaper so I say fuck them!” Karleyna said making me laugh. Man she was absolutely right. I really don’t know why I got mad cause end of the day I carried Amarion for 9 months, I went from 34 hours of labor, I changed his diapers, I buy his clothes and shoes, I provide a roof over his head, I take care of my child, not them. And I did it all while still graduating from school and going to college! So fuck them, I am proud of what I’ve accomplished, Kennard probably still living with his momma with no job, I wouldn’t be surprised.