CH 21

Ja'Zyion POV (two weeks later …)

I had an early morning class that I barely made it to on time this morning. I stayed up all night studying and thinking about this while baby situation. I know children are blessings but shit, having one with Casey definitely ain't. Either way I will love my son or daughter though. My child didn't ask to be born into this drama. Before the birth I most definitely need to fix my anger and issues with Casey in order to have a healthy stable co-parenting relationship. I might have a child on the way by her but thank God, my results came back negative, I'm clean as a whistle! "Yo, Jay" I heard as I turned around seeing one of my teammates, CJ.

"What's up?" I asked giving him dap. "Chilling, chilling. Just took one of my midterms, you tryna hoop?" He asked me looking down at his ringing phone.

I agreed and we headed to the gym for a little one on one and I decided to tell him about my situation with Casey to get is opinion. Before he could respond coach called us over, I didn't even know he was here yet. "Yo, Ja'Zyion, CJ my office." He said before walking back into his office. We both gave each other a look and I ran to put the ball away and headed to his office. "So I haven't told the entire team, because I know everybody won't be recruited, but I know for certain that you two are being looked at. We'll have scouts watching the game next week. Every week they'll be here I'll let you know, but be aware they will make pop-up visits so always be alert. I need for you too have your head in the game and focus. CJ you need to run a few laps and do some layups, you were sloppy last game. And Ja'Zyion I don't know what's going on with you but I know your head is not in the game. I know for sure both of you want to make it to the pros. I also know that the both of you have what it takes to make it to the pros and be successful as well. But, in order to make it, you gotta play better, play harder. You need to play like I know that you can. Since y'all here run some drills, help one another. You two the strongest on the team, act like it" he said dismissing us from his office.

Coach was right, this shit with Casey got my game off. I really need to put my head in the game if I'm trying to get noticed. I mean I already got people looking, but I need to keep them interested and make them feel as though they need me on their team.

I've been dreaming of being in the NBA since as long as I remember. That's my dream. To play ball, have a nice girl to come home to, be able to take care of my momma Azure and Amarion. That's all I want in life. I just hope I came achieve it.