CH 6

Za’Leyna POV

I am Za’Leyna, the aunt of Azure, and mother of Ja’Zyon. Those two and Amarion are my babies; I’d do absolutely anything in the world for those three. My late husband was hit by a drunk driver and was in a coma for two years before I pulled the plug. That decision was the hardest thing I had to do. For years I felt responsible for his death because he was on his way to the hospital to witness me give birth to our son. I called him screaming and crying and he left work rushing. Although the drunk driver ran a hit and hit Jacobi, I still felt that maybe if I didn’t call that early or waited a little longer when the contractions were closer together then he would still be here with us. After a while I came to cope with the death of my husband. It was just God’s plan; I guess he needed him more than I did. Every morning I say good morning to I’m, even though he isn’t here, I feel him all around me. I never remarried after him, never even dated. Nobody could replace my husband! Today is our anniversary and I really don’t want to move at all, but I could hear his voice telling me to be strong.

So I took a shower and headed to worship the lord for letting me and my loved ones see another day. After getting home from church I started cooking while Azure went up stairs to take a nap with Amarion and Ja’Zyon went to the grocery store to buy me some peaches. Today was the day that Keisha was coming to town to meet Amarion for the first time and it would be her first time seeing Azure in three years. Keisha isn’t a bad person honestly and she raised her child right, I really don’t know what happened to Kennard. I don’t blame Keisha for not seeing Amarion when he was born because Kennard lied to her. Kennard told her that he and Azure had cheated on him and told him that the baby wasn’t his. Which we all know was a complete lie.

After my great nephew was born I didn’t say a word to Keisha until close to his first birthday when we had an argument on her why her son was so irresponsible and childish. Once I told her the full story she put the pieces together and she asked for a DNA test. Azure didn’t want to get on in the beginning because she felt as if she knew exactly who the father was and she didn’t have to prove anything to anybody. However, after a few days I finally got her to agree to it. Keisha got the results sent to her house because Azure said she wasn’t the one in denial. What made me mad was that even after getting the results, over two years ago, Keisha was just now confronting the issue and asking to see Amarion. I wanted to tell her hell no but I decided that I couldn’t keep her from her grandchild. So I agreed to ask Azure how she felt about the situation. I can tell my baby has grown up, because Azure a while ago would’ve said fuck Keisha and Kennard but now she was trying to be civilized and allow them to see Amarion. Once I had everything in the over Ja’Zyon walked through the door with the ingredients I needed to make my peach cobbler. Today shall be interesting! “Father God, I need you to keep the peace in my house today” I whispered as I continued to prepare the meal.