CH 8

I went to get my charger from downstairs and stopped on the staircase looking at all the family portraits. There was one of my parents together and I decided to get a new tattoo. I have an idea to get a set of roses on a vine going from my right shoulder down to my hip and put their names birthday somewhere near it or maybe inside a rose. When I get this tattoo done that will make my sixth tattoo that I have. On my back left shoulder I have Amarion’s foot prints with his birthday in numeral numbers, on the back of my neck I have a small cross, under my left boob I have the words “love hurts” in cursive small, on my right wrist I have the Chinese symbol for love, and on the left wrist I have the Chinese symbol for faith. I

n addition to my tattoos I have three piercings, my tongue, belly button, and nipples. I love my piercings and tattoos! As I made my way to the kitchen I put my phone on the charger and started helping aunt LeLe cook the food. She was really throwing down today, and lord knows I was I ready to grub. “Baby are you sure about this?” My aunt asked me as I took the peach cobbler out of the oven.

“Yes nanny. As much as I cannot stand Kennard ass, that has nothing to do with his mother, and I will not deprive my son of knowing his family. As long as they don’t come at me on no bullshit then I am fine. I do know one thing though, Mari will not be spending the night with no damn body, and I mean that shit. It’s been going on four years and now y’all want to play nice and be “family” they must think I am stupid or something. I don’t need or want anything from them and neither does my child. Between you, Zyion, Karleyna, and I my child is straight. I don’t want Kennard ass at all, I just wanted for him to step up and be a man. I know he was eighteen, but still, hell he was old enough. I wasn’t ready to be a mother at the age of seventeen but I aint have a choice, I laid down in that bed, nobody made me so I had  to deal with my choices. I just wish he would’ve thought the same way I did. And you know what bothers me the most? Keisha the one wanting to see Mari, Kennard ass aint said shit since my son’s first birthday. I don’t see how he sleeps with himself at night knowing he had a child in the world that he’s capable of seeing and he chooses not to.” I said as the doorbell rang.

“Great, I was okay, and now that I been thinking about I got an attitude and she done showed up” I said aloud frustrated that I let myself get annoyed with a pointless person and situation. At the end of the day Kennard is still going to be Kennard. I know that he will not step up and be a grown man and be there for my son and I aint even gone trip but I will not allow his mother to just come in and out my child’s life, you either going to be there or you’re not, point blank period.