CH 7

Azure’s POV

I was sitting in my old bedroom on the bed watching the episode of Bad Girls Club that I missed last night while Amarion played a game on my phone. I am really not looking forward to seeing Keisha, my issues isn’t really with her but then again it is, because she found out for sure two years ago with a DNA test that Kennard is indeed 100% the father of Amarion and she just now asking about my child? Really? Fuck out of here with that bullshit. But there are only three reasons that I agreed to letting her come over. For one, my parents would turn over in their grave knowing I was being so damn petty, secondly I do not want to disrespect my aunt, and thirdly and most importantly I will not be one of those trifling ass baby mommas, I will not deprive my son of knowing his father’s family, that’s just childish. Now, if my son doesn’t want to spend time with them then I will not force him to, he may only be three years old but if he feels uncomfortable with them then oh fucking well.

They can see him all day long, but he will not be spending the night nowhere other than my aunt or my cousin’s house, point blank period. While at church I could tell something was up with Ja’Zyion but decided to just let it go until he was ready to talk about it. I know my cousin; he will not talk until he’s ready. Just as Amarion ran showing me what he did on the little educational game he was playing on my phone Zyion walked in looking defeated.

“You got a minute” he asked me as I nodded my head. “Casey came to the house early this morning. She’s pregnant, she doesn’t know if I am the father or not, and the icing on the cake is she has chlamydia. I am going to the clinic tomorrow to get myself checked out, and her doctor’s appointment is Tuesday morning, Azure, what am I going to do?” He asked me putting his face in his hands. “Big boys not cry uncle J” my baby said smiling giving JaZyion a hug. I watched as they embraced one another and smiled. “As much as I don’t like her, you already know what you have to do” I said looking at him patting his back. “I know I just cannot believe this bullshit. I may possibly have a damn STD and I may possibly be a father. I don’t want to be bothered with her, but until the baby gets here I guess I have no choice, and if she or he is mines, then I’ll be the best father I can be, but as far as her and I being together, that shit three dead no lie, fuck that.” He said as I burst out laughing, him and this slang talk, yet he a proper pretty boy is so funny to me. “Will you go to the doctor with me with her, I just really don’t want to be alone with her, it’s too early cause if I got something I might be tempted to ring her damn neck. If she just knew how to keep her legs closed we couldn’t be in this damn predicament man. I really don’t understand though. I get females coming to me on a daily basis and I turn all of them down because my focus is on God, the ball, my family, the future I’m trying to have, and it used to be her. And all the while she out here opening up her legs for a double cheeseburger and a coke?” He said as I tried to hold in the laughter but just couldn’t as he mean mugged me.

“Man I’m being serious” he said throwing a pillow at me. “Man I told you when I first met that hoe she was a thirst trap. Man she be sweating you more than five fat bitches squeezed in to a mustang on a hot summer day with no ac.” I said on the floor laughing hysterically at my corny ass joke, I’m slick lame as hell for saying that shit, but fuck it, it made me laugh, earning another mean mug from Zyion. I decided to stop playing and be serious. “Look, I’m sorry but listen. She was never the one because she aint respect for drive, ambition, and love for basketball. You trying to one day make it a profession, she was never a rider, and you know it. I love Zy so I can only be real with. The right woman will come along and when she does, you’ll know it alright. She’ll support you in everything you do no matter what, trust me, you’ll find her. As far as Casey goes, all we can do is wait until she gives birth and if you’re the father I already know you gone do the right thing and step up, if not, then you don’t have to be worried about her, let her figure out who the father is, just be patient with her, pregnancy aint easy to go through, especially alone.” He told him kissing his forehead and walking out of the room leaving him to think. I already know that Zyion will do the right thing, there’s no doubt in my mind, he’s a good man, and I just wish he saw through her before now, but children aren’t mistakes.