195 - A Monstrous Trio

Mulai dari awal

Setting us up for a true finale, I charged my right fist with the swift, descructive capabilities of Fire, Lightning and Wind which I slammed into him, catapulting his limp person. We followed him airborne once again where we continuously and relentlessly poured out a volley of attacks onto his now defenseles self for what seemed like an eternity.

This would ultimately culminate in a unified, devastating blow wherein our unanticipated trio ascended, swirling in a confluence of my elements, Zacharias' demonic energy and Dagan's shimmering gemstone before simultaneously bombarding the First Vessel. The resounding explosion of unprecedented power echoed well beyond the walls of the Colosseum, seemingly rippling through the atmosphere itself in a series of shockwaves that rocked this district of the metropolis.

Neo-Zephyrus pitched dangerously at insane speeds, cleaving a path through the air and dirt in his way. His trajectory shouldn't have mattered much, however in a moment of confidence we had gotten carried away and became complacent. It was only now, in this brief second of rest, that I'd noticed he was flying towards my sister's, still body.

"Evelynn!" Dagan, whom had also noticed, and I shouted in unison.

We looked on helplessly, hesitating as he came within an inch of her.

"Whoosh!"

Burning brightly, yet as a nigh incomprehensible blur, a figure whizzed past, seemingly disappearing just as Neo-Zephyrus barreled through.

Dagan and I rushed closer in a confused panic, Zacharias not far behind. As we laid eyes on the kneeling figure however, we took a sigh of relief. Where the blur landed, Ignatius now gently cradled Evelynn's body. As it seemed, he had sprung into action upon realizing the situation, grabbing her and pulling her out of the way of Zephyrus' destruction.

"She was a wonderful person. Her beauty, skill and genuine personality were unmatched. She shouldn't have died like this," Ignatius lamented.

"You...." I murmered. His left shoulder poured blood from a sizable gash where a chunk of flesh had been carved out, merely from the graze of our foe as he flew past earlier. This man... only minutes ago we had fought yet now he risked his own body to protect and respect my sister's legacy.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I can help you in this battle. No one has ever pushed me to my limits like Evelynn did. But, don't worry about your sister. I won't allow any harm to come to her, even if it means my life! You have my word," he swore, before glaring at the concrete stands, within which Zephyrus had disapeared into from our impact, "You just focus on beating the hell out of that piece of shit until he can't even bear to live any longer!"

Almost as if answering his call, the cracks left in the surface of the entire Northern Wing of the Colosseum began to spread outward exponentially. It seemed that the hurtling of the Vessel into it was the final push needed for its structural integrity to fail entirely. The unforgiving tonnes of stone and cement collapsed inwards, bringing down an eight of the stadium onto our enemy with a resounding crash. Buried and without air, we were certain he had or would soon meet his end.

"Hyaaaah!"

Our attention was wrenched to our rear as a man, one of Blaze's goons who had stealthily approached us, drove a flaming blade aimed directly at my chest. I barely had time to react with how close he'd gotten to me... but as fate would have it I needed not even raise a finger in that instance. Accompanied by rolling thunder, a spear of raw lightning ripped through him before taking him away. Simultaneously, a war-hardened woman formed beside us from the residual electrical charges that danced around in the air.

"Sorine!" Dagan called out to the girl. She smiled at us for a moment but her face swiftly fell as she laid eyes on Evelynn in Ignatius' grasp.

"You were the kindness and support that got me through many a pain. You saw me through my most difficult time in these last few months when no one else even noticed my suffering," Sorine whispered as she cleched her fists and shivered in rage, "You were too pure for this world. Why? Why do good people always suffer the most? I've done too many inexcusable things. If someone had to die, it should have been me. Don't  worry now. Think about yourself for once and sleep soundly, sister. I'll take it from here. I won't let these assholes get away with this!"