149 - Opposing Endings

Disas Zephyr - POV;

"Shh! She's waking up!"

"Okay, okay, get ready everybody!"

My eyes fluttered open slowly and the bickering of people instantly met my ears. I rubbed my eyes and sat up on the bed slowly before scanning the room with half-closed eyes and a tired expression.

"Surprise!"

Huddled around me with broad smiles stood Xyder, Evelynn, Satella, Storm, Winter, Dagan, Celes, Sorine and Jacqueline. Even Rydia, Fira, Alva and Cheryl were there.

I stared blankly for a moment before concluding, "Oh, I must be dreaming," and rolling over on my bed once more, pulling up my covers as I did.

"No you're not you idiot!" Jacqueline protested angrily beside my bed.

"Sure, if you say so," I told her half-asleep.

"They cancelled the Future Fantasy 7 Remake last night," Xyder muttered.

"NO THEY DIDN'T!" I screamed, jolting awake. I found myself staring wide-eyed at a grinning Xyder. Looking around the room once more, a realisation dawned on me.

"Everyone is back! How?! When?! Wait, where am I?! What about the match?!" I blurted out all at once.

"Easy there tiger," Xyder said putting a hand on my head, "Don't go exerting yourself now. We'll tell you everything."

****
"No way! You guys did all of that without me?! No fair!" I protested.

"For your information, I would have rathered if we didn't need to do any of it," Jacqueline huffed.

"But then you wouldn't have made your banging debut. It's only been three days since you showed off your stuff and you already have a huge fan club and everything!" Evelynn chimed in.

"Ugh, please don't mention that. Dagan is beating himself up over that and I swear he'll kill those guys if he gets his hands on them," Jacqueline stated.

"Of course I will. Those people are just perverts and creeps," Dagan validated himself.

"Heeheehee. What was it again? 'All hail our Flaming Blue Empress', right?" Winter giggled.

"Please stop," Jacqueline pleaded with a face of disgust.

Everyone was laughing and conversing with each other, having a fun time as they did.

"U-um... everyone..." I barely managed to squeak out. They all paused and watched in my direction, waiting for me to finish speaking.

"I um... I... Sorry!" I exclaimed, lowerinf my head. They looked at me with confusion and turned to each other, hoping to find an answer.

"So why are you sorry exactly?" Xyder pressed.

"If I was stronger we could have won against Astra but because I got myself defeated, you all were put at a disadvantage. Then I caused you all so much worry and I couldn't even help to save everyone. I've just been asleep for the last month. I'm so stupid," I murmered.