157 - A Toast To Zephyr

Xyder Zephyr - POV;

"Geez, Sats. Your boobs look bigger naked," Evie blared loudly from inside the room.

"Evelynn! Shh!" Satella hushed her.

"Don't worry Cherry, some boys like smaller ones to. But still, shove these in there to pad 'em up a little," Evie continued.

"Not so loud!" Cheryl scolded.

I stood outside the rooms in the hall as I waited for the three girls to get completely ready for Lord Astra's celebration. Dagan and the others accompanied by the Ailani siblings had already departed for the venue. Evelynn, who had dragged Satella and Cheryl along with her to do their shopping for a much longer had only just returned about half an hour ago. As such they were now scrambling to prepare in time and I had decided to wait with them so they wouldn't have to travel through the late evening streets alone. It wasn't like Evelynn would have let me leave even if I wanted to however.

"I have to say though Cherry, you have a great figure. From here those cheeks are perfect, and I'm not talking about the ones on your face either! Damn girl, flaunt those hips!" my sister cheered from inside.

As much as I tried to banish my wicked thoughts, my youthful mind couldn't help it and it began to paint a series of... not so appropriate images. Evie's carefree banter from behind the locked door only fueled this.

"So you're Xyder Zephyr," a blue haired girl addressed me as she suddenly appeared in the hall.

"Aquari- no... you're not her," I cut myself short as I turned to the female who bore a striking resemblance to the Neptulus Regulus Heir, "You were one of the people on Aquarius' team right?"

"I am. Isla Neptulus. Aquarius is my cousin," she responded, scanning me from head to toe, "A suit huh? That's a far departure from the t-shirt you always wear that's two sizes too small."

"Yeah well, I had something to do today," I explained.

"Right, right. So you couldn't have the common decency to atleast pick up Aquarius from the room and escort her to wherever you're headed, huh?" she remarked.

"What?"

"You can't fool me. Lord Damon and Aquarius suddenly got all dressed up this evening but they wouldn't tell the rest of us what was happening. They just said they had 'somewhere formal' to be. It's some kind of party or something right? Rumors travel quick, and word is that some members of Zephyr and Neptulus will be there."

"No way, how could something like that leak!" I muttered, a bit surprised.

"It didn't," Isla giggled, "The rumour part was a lie. I just put two and two together when Aqua suddenly started asking me what she should wear and if a boy would like this or that. Then you appeared in a suit and it all made sense."

"Oh."

"I can't say I approve of her taking a liking to you though," Isla sighed.

"Taking a liking?"

"As much as I'm grateful that you protected her during our match, I don't know if you're the kind of man that deserves her. She's too pure for this world... you on the other hand seem to be a sleazy player. Playing around with multiple girls at once and making them fight over you... that's a new low."

"Wait, where'd you hear that from?!"

"Oh, that one is an actual rumour that's been making the rounds," she noted.

"Yikes... is that really how I look?"

"Anyway," she moved on, sticking out her finger at me, barely an inch away from my face, "If you even think about playing around with Aquarius, I'm going to make things very unpleasant for you. The moment you decide you want to get close, it's her and her alone... got that? You might be a demon-angel-person-thing and you can do all of that crazy crap but I'm not scared of giving you hell. 'Kay?"