159 - In The Fires Of Fenix

Xyder Zephyr - POV;

"Urg. I haven't felt this nervous in... well ever," Jacqueline groaned.

"Come on, we've been through so much already. You can't chicken out now," Sorine remarked.

"I would agree... but I'm with Jacqy on this one. I feel so out of it," Evie sighed.

"Still having those headaches?" I pressed.

"They never left," she whimpered, "Not only that, I've been having these crazy dreams lately. I honestly feel a bit exhausted."

"Dreams?" Satella spoke up.

"Yeah. Some really insane stuff. I had one just last night where I was skewered like a shish kebab. Right in from the chest I tell ya! That one had me sweating. I remember feeling fear and the man stabbing me was... silver! Maybe? His hair looked kind of like that at least," she pondered. Satella and Jaqueline stared at her in horror as she recalled the experience.

"Holy Terra, Evelynn. Can you not speak like that before heading into a battle?!" Dagan exclaimed.

All of us had gathered in the backstage of the Coliseum as we prepared to enter the arena for the final battle. The Ailani's had gone ahead to save seats in the gallery for Dagan and the rest.

"Seriously. You all should try not being such downers," Fira remarked.

"This is it you know?! The final battle! At least try to be lively!" Winter insisted.

A loud horn blared abruptly, indicating to us that it was time to head to the grounds.

"Yep Winter... this is it," I muttered.

"Xyder, Satella, good luck. Be safe put there," Storm told us.

"May you be victorious, our King!" Dagan saluted proudly.

"We will be!" I proclaimed as my team and I hurried onto the field.

The audience erupted into a chorus of cheers as we appeared and came  face to face with Team Fenix. A thick tension filled the air amidst the rowdy, rambunctious screams of the onlookers. A host of powerful figures had gathered from around the world to view this event themselves. The VI Kings, the Reguluses of the Elemental clans with the exception of my Grandfather and Duran, as well as a whole host of royalty, ministers and leaders were all packed into this spectacular venue as they awaited the battle that would shortly come.

"I'm surprised you didn't run away in fear, Xyder," Zacharias snickered.

"I'm surprised that your friends were able to stop YOU from running away, Zacharias," I shot back.

He let out a low growl as he glared at me through half closed eyes.

"Xy," Evie whispered to me as she held my hand, "Don't let him intimidate you."

"Of course. Did you think I forgot everything we discussed already?" I grinned.

"I can never be too sure. You're crazy like that sometimes. I should know because you're my precious baby brother and you learnt it from me!" she giggled.

"Xyder, we're about to begin any second now. Are you all ready?" Sorine pressed.

"Yes!" Satella and Jaqueline declared in unison.

"He didn't intend it but the information Nero once fed us has proved useful yet again. Knowing what we do, we have a sure chance at victory. He may be strong but Zacharias isn't the problem. Our true threat stands to his right," I murmered.

"Ignatius Fenix," Evie stated his name.

"If he is as strong as we heard, then the only ones who can defeat him are you two; Evie, Sorine. You'll need your new tricks to stand against him. Satella, Jacqueline... the three of us are facing the other four. I'll try to distract as many of them as I can, but it may come down to a scenario where I have to focus everything against the Fenix leader. Even if that happens, I have faith that the two of you can handle the last three. We've grown tremendously since our battle with Blaze. Let's show these fools everything that we have worked towards.