32 - You Must Win! / Special (32.5) - You Aren't Real...... / 33 - The Lost Gods

Chapter 32 - You Must Win!

Xyder Zephyr - POV;

"Xyder! Come down here!"

I groaned as I rolled onto my back and stared at the embossed cieling half asleep.

"Xyder!"

"Ugh," I spat, covering my head with the soft, pure bliss that was my perfectly tailored pillow.

"Xyder, get your useless, lazy as-"

"Alright! Alright! I'm coming, damn it!" I shouted at Alva.

I trudged down the flight of winding stairs towards the point where Alva had congregated with a few others.

"Master Xyder, forgive our intrusiveness but the Regulus had demanded your presence as soon as possible," the meek girl shyly stated. I moved closer to her, placing both palms against the wall on either side of her body.

Leaning closer, I whispered, "Can I demand your presence upstairs?"

The girl pressed her body as far back into the wall as she could. Her once pale face now boasted a bright red.

"M-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-master Xyder?!" she stuttered.

"Stop that Xyder. Give the girl a break. She's one of your grandfather's new attendants and its her first day," Alva scolded.

"I know it is. That's why I decided to tease her a bit," I laughed backing away, "No one would call me 'Master' Xyder unless they're new."

"P-p-p-please hurry!" she squealed and darted outside.

"Anyway, deal with that so we can leave already!" Alva demanded, pointing behind me. Quickly she grabbed her keys and departed to her vehicle.

I turned slowly to see what she had been speaking of and what I found were two glowing eyes bulging with killer intent in the darkness. Slowly, but surely, they approached at a frightening tempo in my direction.

"H-hey Cheryl. I uh- Seraphim wants to er- see me and stuff so like I um- I kind of need to go," I choked out.

"Of course," Cheryl said in the calmest of tones with a gentle smile as she stepped into the light. This frightened me way more than if she had been clearly angry.

"Here. You didn't get breakfast so have this apple," she said in a similar monotone as she handed me the fruit.

"Oh thanks," I said reaching out for it.

"No problem," she cooed just as the fruit snapped and was crushed between her fingers. All the while, her expression hadn't changed and she still held her hand out for me to take it. Why? Why did I have to fool around this morning?!

"K-keep it!" I cried out and dove out the door, not stopping until I was safely fastened into the passenger side of Alva's sports car.

"You still breathing?" Alva giggled.

"Just go."

* * * * *

"I am sure that you are all curious as to why I summoned you all here today," Seraphim began to address the small group gathered in his residence. There were twelve of us present including the nine Epitomes, the Regulus, Catherine and myself.

"As all of you may know, there was recently an incident involving Regulus Fenix and myself which had resulted in a great disturbance and turmoil. As he had threatened, Fenix has taken the matter up with the highest Councils and they have delivered their two cents on the issue," Seraphim continued, "Now what very, very few of you know is the cause for this chaos."