86 - Aurora's Discovery

Aurora Neptulus - POV;

"Where the hell did she go?!"

"She went out that way!"

"No, wait! I saw something to the back! It's her!"

"Just catch that damn vixen!"

The entire gang went into an uproar and chaos pursued as each and every Blaze thug was desperate to catch me. I had managed to follow information, leads and intelligent conjecture to a temporary base of operations established by Blaze not much outside of Fenix City. Utilizing my superior experience in this line of work, I had snuck in undetected and managed to make my way to the heart of the building where I found a journal encased in a perfect glass enclosure. I had intended to retrieve it and escape unseen but my plans were foiled as, using some advanced technology, an alarm was triggered which shouted, "Unidentified breathing pattern and heat signature discovered. Location: The Regulus' Chambers. Intruder Alert!"

I found myself dashing through the maze of corridors, avoiding the endless waves of Blaze members going around, above, under or in some cases even through them.

"Hey you! You've got no where to run!" A trio bellowed creating a barrier qith their bodies ahead of me. From behind, another group had snuck up, leaving me sandwiched.

"You asked for this," I grinned, using my 'Pressure Release' to zip forward at inhuman speeds and cut through them like butter. I continued on my way much to the Vessels' despair and inched ever so much closer to the exit. Suddenly, a bright flare appeared in the corner of my eye leaving me barely enough time to press my body against the wall to avoid the mammoth flaming projectile that had hurtled towards me. Almost instantly, I was hit squarely in the face by a fiery leg which blasted me through the wall and down a wide tunnel which oddly lay behind it. I tumbled and rolled, eventually coming to a halt at the bottom in a musky cave, whose walls held eight mettallic doors.

Choosing one at random, I hurried inside and sealed the entrance behind me, desiring some rest to deal with my enemy. I looked around the dimly lit room which was only slightly illuminated by a single hanging blub at the opposing extreme end, thus leaving the entire half at the entrance shrouded in complete darkness. The room, much like the secret hallway, was evidently crafted by some form of mining as everything from roof to floor was of natural rock which had been cut into.

I cautiously approached the small wooden desk beneath the bulb and stared curiously at the manuscripts and journal laid out upon it. As I flipped through the first, I began to read aloud;

"It has been years, but finally we have found some evidence that the first Vessel Zephyrus does indeed exist! This will undoubtedly pave the path towards my zenith and the greatest discovery of centuries to come; How we, the Vessels, truly came to be. This is perhaps the greatest question to plague scientists and archeologists alike but soon I shall put this all to rest! Let us herald a new future!
~25/09/5398

We have it! The blood of the first born vessel, Zephyrus himself! This is it! My name will be known through all of history as the man who discovered our origins! It is only a matter of weeks!
~06/12/5399

Last night I reached a conclusion even I didn't know I had been looking for. My coworker and friend Rachel has always been a promising girl but I was so caught up in my work that I didn't even realise....... I didn't realise that I felt much differently about her or that I wanted us to be so much more. It was her forward and assertive actions which in the end let our love get the chance to bloom. We took things to a whole new level. Zero to one hundred doesn't do it justice but I feel as if we were able to get so much closer in such little time. I cherish her dearly.
~07/12/5399