164 - We'll Do It Ourselves!

Dagan Zephyr - POV;

I sat along the edge of the precarious brick wall which sat on the sloping banks of the magnificent lake situated in Zephyr's Residential District as I pondered the events of the days gone by. Six weeks had trudged along since Blaze's attack and the world hadn't made much progress on the road to recovery. Some efforts had already gone underway to investigate the ruins of Fenix City further however little new seemed to turn up from their endeavors.

Zephyr seemed to continue to ignore the situation and the looming threats. Lord Seraphim had supposedly been attempting to rally the other Elemental Clans but none would so much as raise a finger in our aid. Who could blame them? The last two clans to ally themselves with us, namely Astra and Neptulus, were utterly decimated. It couldn't have seemed rational in their minds to now help us attack Blaze just as Lords Grisha and Damon had, only to meet their demise.

Lord Seraphim didn't exactly seem to worried about Blaze specifically but moreso their newfound ally in this revenant who carried the name of Zephyrus. When she was alive, Evelynn had shared quite a bit of her discoveries with me in exchange for my own information. She'd vaguely mentioned that Zephyr held a number of dark secrets and I could have only assumed that Zephyrus was one of them, especially given what we learned from Aurora. All that irked me was that we knew not the extent of his strength.

At this point, it was clear that no attempts were being made by the clan to find and possibly rescue Xyder along with the others. As much as I wished that everyone could come back to us, a small selfish part of me thought that even if it was only Jacqueline who was saved, that would make this predicament better. No one knew what exactly Xyder had done to transform himself and our friends, nor did we know if they were in control of themselves, much less if they were still even the same people. What was certain though was that no one actually saw my sister be changed like Celes, Sorine and the others. That gave me some hope that her chances were greater.

I'd always been especially overprotective of Jacqueline. I knew I was and I knew it annoyed her greatly. Even so, I couldn't help it. I always felt as if I HAD to be there and do something to keep her just a bit safer, even in the most mundane situations. We would always butt heads over this; Jacqueline fighting for her freedom and I fighting to protect her by restricting her to an arm's reach from me.

****
*A Few Months Ago, Immediately After Xyder's Finale Battle Against Sorine and Seraphim*

Dagan Zephyr - POV;

"Now!" I shouted as Xyder spiralled to the ground in his unconscious state. Seraphim seemed to be preparing to launch himself at the boy but before he got the chance, a wall of vines emerged infront of him.

"Go! Save Xyder and run!" Lady Catherine demanded as she appeared beside us with Caitlyn holding onto her tightly. She tossed us a bag containing a number of cloaks which we instantly donned and pulled over its hood to obscure our faces. Why she happened to be carrying these worried me slightly but I brushed it off in the heat of the moment.

Alva acted first, using her Light, to zoom towards her nephew and catch him mid-air. Catch may not be the best choice of words however. It would be more accurate to say that she went under him and he slammed into her, pushing them both down rapidly. Her existing momentum luckily managed to take them forward somewhat allowing her to carry him diagonally as opposed to collapsing to the earth immediately where he fell on her. By the time they eventually grazed the floor, I had hurried to Alva's side in order to lend my aid in carrying the heavy male.

"Alva!" Storm shouted as he zipped to us.

"GRAAAAH," a tremendous roar rocked the stadium as the cluster of fauna was cut in half by a single, burning slash, revealing the enraged figure of Regulus Zephyr behind it.