145 - Blaze's Grand Scheme

Aurora Neptulus - POV;

"When I entered Blaze's hideout, it activated some type of alarm system that alerted the entire base. Being at the heart, I was forced to fight my way out and it was all moving fairly smoothly until a hooded male appeared," I recalled as the captured girls and I escaped along with Lady Catherine Zephyr, Indira Astra and Aquarius Neptulus by their two cars. Catherine raced towards Fenix City in one vehicle carrying myself at the front as well as Indira, Aquarius and Naomi at the back. Alva tailed close behind in a second vehicle, carrying the others with her.

"A hooded male?" Indira enquired.

"Yes. It was the leader of Blaze's Team Omega. He caught me by surprise and left me scrambling. I stumbled into a hidden portion of the base and there I found a journal belonging to Duran Blaze himself. It detailed a number of occurences including his betrayal by the hands of Fenix which led to the death of his lover. The betrayal, which led to the banishment of Fenix members who would form Blaze, began with a request from Horus Fenix himself to a researcher by the name of Duran Blaze. Duran had unearthed an ancient artifact: the Blood of Zephyrus. Regulus Horus instructed Duran and his lover, Rachel, to resurrect the dead Zephyrus by using the DNA in his blood. Rachel and Duran obliged and they injected the DNA of the First Vessel, Zephyrus, into the zygote of their unborn child. That is when Fenix's vile plans of using Zephyrus to take control of the world was discovered. The man who discovered it was none other than Kristæl Zephyr!" I continued.

"Kristæl did?! If I'm not mistaken, that ia around the time he disappeared for months during our pregnancies," Catherine pondered aloud.

"Horus Fenix blamed everything on Duran," I explained, "He banished Duran along with all of his friends, family and coworkers. This proved detrimental to Rachel. The unusual child held untold strength which was far too much for the average woman to bear in her womb. Rachel had been kept alive with the technology and facilities prepared by Fenix but without it, her health rapidly declined. Duran was angry hut lost and without hope. This is when Kristæl Zephyr appeared revealing that he could tell that Horus was shifting responsibility. Kristæl promised to aid Duran in saving the child as Kristæl believed that the blood in one's veins did not determine their path but their own actions and beliefs did. He believed that the child of Zephyrus' DNA should not be killed because of the circumstances behind his birth which he could not control. Knowing that returning to Lord Seraphim the third would only hinder their chances of saving the child, Kristæl joined forces with Duran to unlock the secrets of the Mythical Vessel. Evelynn told me that Rachel died with her baby and it seems that this is the story known to most. Even Horus Fenix had expected Rachel to die along with her child but he did not account for the miracle Kristæl had created. He used his Mythical Power to save the child and so the one carrying the DNA of the first vessel, Zephyrus was born into this world."

"No. That can't be true. That would mean that a new Zephyrus walks this world!" Catherine cried out.

"It is true. However, according to Duran's book, the child's body was merely a hardened Vessel. It did not contain the power Zephyrus one did... not to that level. However, the body was unique as it could contain the power of the First Vessel, whereas any normal human would be eviscerated by such strength being forced in them. This set Duran Blaze off on a journey to discover what had come to Zephyrus' power when he was defeated all those millenia ago. And find out he did. Only one year ago, Blaze had discovered that the essence and power of Zephyrus had been sealed away so it could not be used by another. That power was sealed in an ancient land, uninhabited and undiscovered for centuries. Undiscovered wasn't the most accurate term however as the land hand been guarded for generations by a certain elite bloodline: The Regulus line of Zephyr."

Catherine tensed as mentioned this and I could tell that my words had hit the mark. Their secret had been brought to light.

"The Reguluses of Zephyr have long been charged with the duty of protecting that land and the power sealed within it from wicked hands. It is said that only the Reguls and his closest people even know this. That includes you Catherine. You and the Regulus have decieved your people and the world to keep this hidden, however I understand the importance. It was from a place of love for the world, and Duran knew that. He knew he couldn't just walk in and take what he wanted, so he devised a plan. He guided Fenix to the land without them realising and this caused a dispute in land ownership between them and Zephyr. When the Heorarchy became involved, he stepped in, calling for rights of the land to be given to Blaze. This is how the current tournament came to be. He knew that the Heirarchy would have to set up some means of determining ownership and this gave him the chance to win the land personally so he could explore it at his leisure. He twisted and manipulated many of the Clans by various means but the most dangerous to his plans were Zephyr themselves. He had to take hostages to tip the scales in his favour. Everything has been going according to his plan... up until you all freed us that is. Blaze must win the tournament for their plan to work and we hostages would have ensured it. But now, Zephyr can fight them unrestricted and as long as Zephyr can beat Blaze, then the land is safe. However, that is much easier said than done for Xyder and the others are facing an uphill battle. They are fighting against someone who knows them well and who has stood as an ally for so long beside them they are being betrayed!"

"Betrayed? How so?" Aquarius enquired.

"When I infiltrated Blaze's base, I came into contact with the hooded male. As it turns out, he was the very child who held Zephyrus' blood in his veins. He was bold and confident as he showed me his face. I recognised the features beneath that hood instantly. He was the man known as Nero. Nero Mendax masqueraded for a long time as a friend of Zephyr. He enacted elaborate shows of loyalty to prove his friendship, sometimes even killing his own clansmen for Zephyr to see. But he was playing them. He sent information back to Blaze and ultimately guided Xyder and the others to the trap location you mentioned. He knows everything about them and he holds them in the palm of his hands. He will be fighting against them in the battle ahead. Xyder and the rest will have to do their best to overcome him. But that is why we must reach them immediately! Before they are beaten without a race to react, we must show them that we are safe so that they may take down Blaze without hesitation and end this whole charade!"