150 - Public Fears

Xyder Zephyr - POV;

"A free table? Yes, I can get a table for all.... fourteen... of you," the petite waitress girl said as she looked at the already packed store in dismay.

"Um-" I began.

"I-I-I-I'm very sorry Master Zephyr, I'll do my best to find you a space," she squealed, trembling as she scurried off.

"Ooooooookay, then," I muttered.

"Woah, you scared the panties off of her. Did you try to attack her at night or something... Oh, you must have made her call you Master while doing all kinds of sleazy and lewd-"

"Evelynn, please. You're traumatising Cheryl," I cut off my sister and pointed to the clearly distraught girl.

"Y-yeah, those jokes aren't funny!" Cheryl chimed in.

"Ooh, double teamed by everyone's favourite couple," Evie shivered, "You two are into quite the kinky-"

"Whack!"

"Oww!" Evie moaned as she crouched in the corner, holding her head after having been... made to desist by my hand chop to the noggin.

"I-I-I-I-I-I-I'm terribly sorry but we don't have any open spots," the waitress practically whispered.

"Huh? What was that?" I questioned.

"Kyah! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" she shrieked, haunching over and trembling violently.

"Uhhhhhhhhhhh," was all that could eacape my lips as I viewed the bizarre scene.

"Come on! Get out! Get out!" the manager shouted at patrons to the back of the establishment.

"But we're not finished," they protested.

"Out! We need space for our guests!" he screamed.

"Wait, that's really not necessary!" I called out.

"Oh, Master Xyder!" the manager rushed over, suddenly a thousand times more polite while security practically flung some of the patrons out the rear entrance, "Please, come this way. We have more than our fair share of accomodation for you. Can we just have one minute to clean the tables for you?"

"Sure," I answered, more than a bit confused.

"That was... weird," Storm remarked.

"Thanks for the newsflash, Captain Obvious," Sorine sighed.

"Okay, but seriously, what's going on here?" I inquired from my friends.

"It's quite clear, is it not?" a woman said as she entered the restaurant behind us.

"Aurora?!" Evie and I cried out.

"Hello, Xyder," she smiled.

****

"Look around at the people in here," Aurora instructed once all fifteen of us were sat around our table. I allowed my eyes to wander, immediately noticing that the entire room seemed to be occasionally glancing at us. They were quick to pull away and shudder when our eyes met however.

"They're nervous... afraid. You must have noticed it all over the Fenix City for the last week," she added.

"Now that I think about it, people have been acting sort of strange," Evie pondered aloud.

"But, afraid? Of us?" I looked to Aurora.

"Yes," my adoptive sister answered, "You all put on quite the show in your battle against Blaze. Your power was bountiful... and terrifying. The world saw you show no remorse and word travels quickly. Add onto that the fact that Zephyr has catalysed the eradication of all semblence of status or power held by Blaze and the story being spun is an intriguing one. As it goes, Xyder Zephyr is a brutal and unforgiving demon who, having been merely in disapproval of a peoples, single handedly ensured the elimination of the entirety of the Blaze Clan from public and legal affairs. If he could do this to one of the elemental clans, imagine what he could do to anyone else who dares displease him. Imagine what he can do to them when he finally becomes Regulus himself."