175 - YOU ARE MINE.

Duran Blaze - POV;

"Things are still quiet. Though the clans, the government and the underworld have been stirring, none have yet made a move. They all want one thing... to strike while the balance of power is unstable and shift it in their favour. This is an unfortunate outcome, Rachel," I noted, staring at the framed image of my late beloved, in which she brandished her addictive smile.

"I have sought vengeance and with Fenix finally feeling the despair we were put through, your soul can finally rest in peace, free from the horrors of the past," I stated, "As four me and Blaze's future, the time is swiftly approaching. It is only a matter of weeks until Blaze can carry out our final mision: to maintain the peace and order of this world."

"It is very much like you to have such ambitions," Rex snickered, entering my chambers to meet with me as I'd requested.

"Global chaos and upheaval of the world order was never my intention, but I know that leaving things as they are shall only lead to this terrible fate," I murmured, "The ones in charge don't care for the state of this planet. As long as their safety is guaranteed, all else can fall into obscurity and reckless abandon as far as they are concerned. Someone has to take charge to keep things afloat. Considering that it is our revolution that has left the present as such, it is only right that we clean up after ourselves. At the same time, I recognize that even with our current status, we can cannot control the sway of the entire world. This is why we have one final mission. We shall raid the forbidden lands protected by Zephyr and open the seal which holds the essence of Zephyrus' true power. Once Nero's body absorbs it, the Primordial One shall become out unstoppable pawn. Only then will we have what is needed to keep the races in check. Once this has been enacted, Blaze can finally rest and bask in the warmth of our victory."

"Don't make me laugh," a malicious cackle echoed through the room. A cold, deadly wind blew in from the ajar windows as a large male figure with a physique rivalling Rex' burst through the door.

"You don't have permission to be here!" Rex growled.

"Don't I now?" the white-haired Vessel snickered.

"Leave this to me, Rex," I addressed my long-time friend before turning to the intruder, "Do you have an objection to our plans, Zephyrus? Don't you wish to regain the essence of your true power that is still sealed away?"

"Hahahahahahaha!" he broke into maniacal laughter, throwing his head back as he did.

"Your joke eludes me," I stated nonchalantly.

"What eludes you is reality. It's amazing how sorely mistaken you are," he hissed in a mocking tone.

"And how exactly am I wrong?" I pressed. He paced around me slowly, chuckling to himself as he did.

"I will walk this land once more at my full glory... but YOU shall NEVER own me. I answer to no one. Thus far I have only entertained your foolish plans to satiate my own intrigue. But I grow bored of your antics and you have grossly underestimated my position. I stand below no one for I am Zephyrus Mara!" he declared.

"Unfortunately, you do stand beneath someone. You will obey my commands,"  I told him bluntly.

"It seems that you don't cherish your life. So be it. You can have a taste of death. I hope you enjoy," he grinned. At that instant the hulking male vanished, appearing almost spontaneously behind me in a explosion of darkened lightning. He swung his sword in a horizontal arc, aiming directly for my throat but his movements were so swift that they were just about imperceptible.

"Duran!" Rex exclaimed.

"Don't fret. This is all according to plan," I whispered with a crazed smile.

"Wh-what?!" the Primordial Vessel cried out. The edge of his blade stood unwavering, less than an inch from my neck. His entire body remained frozen in his offensive pose and it didn't take him long to realise that he sinply could no longer move. I swung my elbow backwards, lit ablaze by my pure white flames. I drove it into his abdomen creating a powerful blast which launched his body across the room effortlessly. He broke through a series of seven, sturdy, concrete walls before eventually coming to a stop beneath the tremendous weight of the rubble.

He clawed his way out in a rage, his eyes locked onto me with murderous intent. I raised my hand, signaling for him to cease as I continued, "Before you come at me once more, take a look at yourself."

He hesitated for a moment, clearly confused by my request, before glancing down at his torso that had been exposed by virtue of his clothing being shredded from my attack.

"This is- gaaaaaaaah!" he screamed as the intricate pattern of glyphs and markings all over him illuminated simultaneously, causing unspeakable pain, enough to kill any mortal man a million times over.

"I know very well just how absurdly capable you are. Your abilities in your prime far surpassed any other being to walk this land. If you were left to your own devices, you could feasibly end this entire world," I noted, "Which is why I knew I had to have a way to put you in your place. The body used to resurrect you is a very special one. Not only was it spliced with your DNA, it was also genetically and physically enginered to permanently etch powerful spells into you that allow me full control over your body when I so please. I am a careful man, Zephyrus. Once you regain your absolute strength, I know that even I cannot hold a candle to you but you need this body to live. And as long as you are in this body, you are a pawn for Blaze's bidding. YOU. ARE. MINE."

****
??? - POV;

"Father," the young woman called out as she slowly approached me at the altar, dressed head to toe in her modest, holy attire and took a humble bow.

"Sister, tell me. Is there any news of wolf?" I pressed.

"I'm sorry Father, there is none. We lost all traces after the calamity that befell the great nation of Fenix City," she apologised.

"There is no need to be dejected Sister. There was nothing that you all could do," I assured her.

"If we had tried harder... if we had put forward our best... I'm sure we would have brought much greater news," she lamented.

"You all did the best that you could Sister. There is no doubt about that. The current course of events have deviated tremendously from what was expected per the natural course. I am surprised that He has not come to correct the course of history for none of this aligns with His plan. What are you doing? What is going through your mind... Devil."