55 - Yes, We Will

Evelynn Zephyr - POV;

"Wake up," a voice whispered into my ear as water was poured onto my face. I coughed and sputtered as I began to stir. I found myself seat on a wodden chair, bound at my hands, feet and waist to it by thick ropes. With my eyes blindfolded, I screamed, "What the heck do you Blaze bastards want with us? You've alreasy taken our friends and you take me now too? What do you hope to achieve?!"

"Calm yourself. Whatever you think is happening right now, you're wrong," a female voice murmered gently. The blindfold was ripped off and my eyes took a moment to adjust to the dimly lit room in which I was contained. Opposite to me, seated on a similar chair with her legs folded and her chin resting on her hand was a familiar face. She pushed back her green hair as she sat up straight and looked at me.

"Wh- what is the meaning of this?!" I burst out, "Explain yourself mom!"

"Jay, if you would please," my mother instructed on of the five Zephyr Clansmen who stood in a circle around us.

"Lady Catherine, are you sure?" he asked her.

"Yes," she confirmed, "otherwise she will just continue to lie like she has for the past couple of years to me to protect whatever secret she has been harboring."

Jay grabbed my head as he plunged a syringeinto my neck and dumped the contents into my body slowly.

"This truth serum will stop you from bending the facts and giving abridged versions of everything you should be saying," my mother murmured.

"Wh- why?" I asked as my vision began to blur.

"You've been a dishonest girl my dear daughter. Unfortunately I must punish you like any good mother," Catherine said nonchalantly, "Now tell me, what were you doing at the abandoned town south of this City with Xyder?"

"How did you-"

"Answer my question!" she shouted slamming her fist down on the armrest of her chair.

"We were- I was following a riddle I had discovered and was slowly solving. It led me to the library of that town. Xyder just tagged along because he wanted to. He didn't know why I was there."

"What riddle are you speaking of? Where did you find it?" she interrogated.

"For over a decade I had been researching old texts and long lost manuscripts or books for details reguarding the Elemental Gods and Deities of this Era. Whenever I would leave to train for a few weeks, the truth is I spent most of them time doing said research. Over a long period I pieced together a certain riddle scattered across a number of the most ancient texts which read;

'The town seated below the towers of flame, Easterly of the tranquil watery bay and west of the land of hail served survailance in times of war and pain. There within the castle of words lies my ancient tomb containing secrets untold. To open the door of ten seals use only the blood which possesses all keys'."

"I assume that you found the tomb. Was the door already open? If not, who opened it? Was anything inside?" she pressed.

"We found the tomb with the help of Jaya, one of the girls living at the town at the time. She had been researching similar topics reguarding the beginning of the time and Era. She carried us to the door which she had been trying to open for ages but was unsuccessful. When Xyder heard the riddle, he cut open his palm and used his own blood to open it. When we went in, we found a diamond coated book. It was called The Third Prophecy."