148 - Together At Last!

Xyder Zephyr - POV;

"Are you sure you're okay?" Evie questioned as we walked off of the arena amidst the cheers and shouting of the gallery.

"Keep applying pressure! Don't let up!" 

"Get him on the stretcher, quick! Go, go!"

"She isn't breathing! We need CPR!"

The field became hectic as paramedics flocked onto it to tend to the defeated Team Blaze. I glanced back at them for a second, particularly at Nero's motionless body. The sadness and pain of his betrayal lingered but I didn't regret my actions against them.

"I'm fine. Those white flames... whatever they were, they were amazing. Their healing and rejuvenating ability is phenomenal," I told her, though I did still feel fairly exhausted. As we entered the backstage area, a shriek rang out from the distance.

"XYDER!" the familiar pink-haired girl squealed as she flung herself onto ne and latched on tightly.

"Cheryl!" I exclaimed in joy.

"I was so scared and so worried!" she wailed as her face became soaked.

"I'm so glad you're safe," I told her, placing a hand on her cheek and wiping it.

"Xyder... Evie..." Alva choked out as she approached us.

"Alva!" Evie cried out, wrapping her arms around our aunt. I followed suit and hugged them both. They began to shed tears of happiness.

"I'm so happy you're here," I murmered.

"Of course we're back you silly," she whimpered.

"Save some for us will you?" a beloved smartass chuckled. Fira appeared with a wide grin while Rydia followed bearing a humble smile.

"And don't forget about the A-Team!" Jaya declared, bouncing into view with Naomi and Ciara.

"Everyone! You're here!" I blurted out, "And Aurora?"

"She had to speak to Lady Catherine and Lord Seraphim. She'll be here soon," Alva explained, drying her eyes.

"Naomi?"

A party of six finally arrived and Zeliel, who led them, called out to the girl in disbelief. He and Emiko rushed towards her and threw their arms around their shocked, wide-eyed elder sister. They began their waterworks, bursting with ecstasy.

"Come on you two, if you act like this you'll make your big sister emotional," Naomi told them with a quivering voice.

"Jacqueline!" Dagan exclaimed, looking at his younger sister in disbelief.

"Oh my gosh, she turned into a total hottie!" Winter gasped much to Jacqueline's embarrassment.

"Sniff."

Dagan turned his face away, covering his mouth as tears welled up in his eyes.

"B-brother?! Are you crying?!" Jacqueline shouted.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he apologised, "When I saw you looking all grown up I couldn't help it. I always knew you would become so much more amazing that you already were!"

"Don't say stuff like that you idiot," she muttered, growing beet red.

"Well this is a heartwarming sight," Lord Grisha stated as he entered.

"Lord Astra!" I cried out as I dropped down and bowed at his feet, "Thank you! Thank you all you have done for us! We couldn't have done this without your help. I don't know how I'll ever repay you!"

"Xyder," he sighed, "I told you didn't I? The one owing a debt was me. I've taught you everything I know... there is nothing more for me to pass on to you. We are no longer Teacher and Student, Xyder. We are equals, just like your father and I were so many years ago. Now stand up. That position doesn't fit one of the leaders of the Elemental Clans!"

He reached out to me and I held his hand as he lifted me to my feet and grinned.

"It seems all is finally well. That was quite the showing, Xyder Zephyr. It is no surprise that we were defeated by your hands," Aquarius smiled not far away.

"Indeed," Lord Damon Neptulus agreed beside her, "Your power is phenomenal. Such controlled strength yet exuding a sinister intent. It reminds me of the stories my mother would tell me about the man who saved her and her unborn child's life. The only other man to wield such devilish and intense power for the sake of the world. He was none other that the Hero in the battle against Demon Lord Valor, Seraphim Zephyr the Third. In many ways you and your grandfather are alike. You may believe otherwise and I wouldn't blame you, but your grandfather is a great man... and so too are you."

"Perhaps he is, but that's something he has to show me himself," I told Regulus Neptulus.

I looked around for a moment before turning to Aquarius, "Where is... Indira?"

"She went home. She'll come around eventually so please give her a bit of time," the girl explained.

"I'm sorry to bring this up as I do not wish to ruin the mood, but your assistance is needed... all of you," Lord Astra brought up, "We are compiling a case against Duran Blaze and his people for the countless heinous crimes they have committed. In truth, Regulus Zephyr had already been weary of them for some time and Lady Catherine has been heading a team of Zephyr's best that was keeping tabs on Blaze. Actually, it's Catherine who first doscovered the location of Blaze's true hideout. We have alot stacked against them from Zephyr already but we could use all of your testimonies on the crimes you may be aware of them committing and the plans they have been plotting. Even the First King of the World Heirarchy, Saverne, has grown extremely interested in the little I have shared thus far. I want to put an end to Blaze's reign of terror. I ask that all of you aid me in this endeavor."

****
Seraphim Zephyr the Third - POV;

"I understand your position, Lord Zephyr, however I am afraid that I cannot stay silent. I will inform Xyder of what I learned before today and nothing more. Thank you for your time, I must take my leave," Aurora bowed before departing.

"Father, I know this must be upsetting to you but as I have said time and again... Xyder has to learn the truth. It is going to happen whether you like it or not.  Evelynn broke the spell I placed on her a some time ago. Even I didn't realise she was so capable. She has been keeping silent of her own will since but how much longer will that last? You should tell him," Catherine pleaded.

"Not yet. It's still not time," I told her bluntly.

"I see."

We grew silent for a few minutes before I spoke up again, "Catherine, I must depart for home at once."

"What? Are you not even going to see the children?!" she snapped.

"I'm afraid that there is no time. This battle is not yet over. Xyder must still overcome Fenix to secure the land but even then, danger still looms," I stated.

"How so?"

"The Heirarchy has put out international notice already that Duran Blaze and all members of his clan are dangerous and are to be detained. They are desperately trying to capture him, likely to hide their major mishandling of this event and their manipulation by Duran's hands. Even so, Duran expected this and he didn't wait to be captured. He and the rest of Blaze have seemingly vanished from Fenix City without trace. The exits have been blocked and they are combing the city but they are nowhere to be found. The five members of Team Blaze have disappeared as well. It seems some of the medica weren't medics at all. They incapacitated the real medics and took their clansmen with them. Blaze has escaped and they still lurk out in the world. Duran can no longer claim ownership of the Primordial Lands, however he undoubtedly still seeks to gain Zephyrus' Power. I need to go prepare in the event that we are attacked. We cannot put anything past him at this point. He is a cornered dog with nothing to lose. We cannot predict his next move."