65 - And So It Begins / 66 - Deployed for Day One

Chapter 65 - And So It Begins

Xyder Zephyr - POV;

"Something's been bothering me though," Dagan stated.

"What's that?" I asked, somewhat curious about the detail he caught on to.

"Where is the child who has Zephyrus' blood now?" he inquired.

Evie, Satella and I had relayed all which we learned to our friends later that evening and I had only just completed this task when Dagan pressed me further. It was expected from the sharp boy however.

"I'm not sure to be hone-" I began.

"Actually," Evie cut me short, "I actually asked him already. It seems that Rachel passed away before she could deliver the baby. It's sad but I myself can't imagine that it would have been possible to survive without proper, expensive facilities under such an extreme circumstance."

"I see. It makes sense then why Blaze had not made any move despite owning such a superb power. The first Vessel huh? I can only imagine the extent of his prowess," Dagan remarked.

"But for them to have found his blood..... Wow, just wow. It's a surprise that they hadn't found the Devil's book sooner," Evie thought aloud.

"The what?" Sorine inquired.

"Huh? Oh- um..... nothing," Evie stuttered.

"Devil's book?!" Dagan shouted, "You found it Evelynn?!"

"What the hell are they talking about?!" Celes squealed.

"Wait, you knew what she was doing too Dagan?! Before me?!" I boomed.

"People calm down!" Satella demanded.

"I can't blame them though. Evelynn promised not to hide anything from us after the signing up incident. Seems that was yet another lie," Storm blurted out.

"What the hell Storm?! Why are you being so harsh?!" Satella scolded.

"I'm sorry I can't just get over what Evelynn did to us, our friends and most of all Xyder, okay? I don't know how the heck you guys just pretend to forget this!" he roared. Suddenly, the door creaked open, catching the attention of all in the room. Nero stepped in slowly, stopping dead in his tracks as he looked at the ten pairs of eyes glaring at him.

"Is this a bad time?" he asked awkwardly.

"The opposite," I corrected, "Things were getting heated but your obstruction has cooled us down."

"I see," he sighed, "I can't blame you all for being on edge. Alot of tension is building and it's only a matter of time before it's all released in a calamity. You must stand strong against this threat and I promise that I will help arm you in this fight even if it means my downfall."

"But you're just dragging us into a fight that isn't ours!" Celes boomed at the boy.

He shook his head in disapproval and responded, "That's where you're wrong. This is very much YOUR battle for it is Zephyr who has been charged with protecting the dark powers of the Primordial Vessel and you in turn have been tasked with successfully becoming victors by your own Regulus, Seraphim Zephyr the Third. Without you standing against the threat posed by Blaze, this Earth will surely fall."